My heart dropped to the pit of my stomach . Me and Big Ke promised to never tell Kenn. We knew it would just arise more confusion.  But if she had to know I would prefer for the time to be now. 

When Ke asked if he remembered Me , Andy. 

Her eyes brightened .

Similar to how it did when she would see me or Ke.

I , Andy , knew I was special to her but not that special. 

When Ke said I was Andy her whole demeanor changed. She immediately gave me a hug. I knew she was remenicing .But after a few seconds she jerked back.

She remembered I was still Drew. And Drew hurt her.

She was even more hurt that I left , stayed in contact with her dad , and that we kept all of this from her.

"Ma Dukes decided to move to N.O. for a niggah. And it worked out for a while but not long . We were barely getting by and your dad gave me his number in case we ever needed something.  I tried reaching out you Kenn-edy. I wrote to you. But you never wrote back. So eventually I stopped" I said in a stressed tone.

Her defensive mode began to click in. ,

" I never got one letter from you. I felt you had forgotten all about me. "

"He wrote you faithfully for a few years but I would always keep them.  I didn't want you to get hurt. He was so far away.  And ... I just don't know" Ke admitted. 

"How could you play God with my life. I had NO one. No friends.  I was alone.  You were always gone. How could you keep my closest and dearest friend away from me . That's mad low" she cut her eyes at him.

Ke admitted why he never relayed my messages.   Hell I wanted to know why too.

He was scared that we would become more than friends. Well his fear came true because we were. 

His words had truly ticked her off for like the 20th time.

We just let her leave. She needed this time ALONE.

And Lil mama just going through . But she won't even let me be there for her.

I should've stood up for her. But I was put in between a rock and a hard place.

Kennedy's POV

My angry girl persona quickly falter . And I was back at the age of 6 being the innocent girl I once knew.

I sat and looked. Words couldn't form in my mouth. The only thing that came were tears , tears of joy. Not angry, saddened tears.

My mommie was here in my presence. It wasn't real. Was she real ? Was I so upset that I was hallucinating?

No . This infact was her. She gently lifted up her arm to touch my chocolate cheek. I put my hand on her long outstretched hand. And looked into her brown eyes that favored mines so much.

My mouth opened but words had still yet to come out.

She smiled with her flawless pearly whites . And put her finger on my lips silencing me.

"Kenney - pie " she started. 

I broke down into full on sobs. I NEVER thought that I'd ever get to hear her voice again.

"Shh , shh baby its ok. I can say nothing more than I am sorry. These past few years that I've been absent I was on some ME stuff. It was all about what fit Karmen at the time. Drugs were more important than my baby girl. " she shook her head slowly trying to contain her tears.