Protect || Chapter Nineteen

Moving as quickly as they could, Katarina, Scott, and Stiles made their ways to Stiles's Jeep and left the party, heading to the Stilinski house.  They needed to convince Noah Stilinski that Matt was the killer.  Roscoe the Jeep pulled into the driveway and the teens piled out of the car to meet on the front lawn.

          Kat stuffed her hands into her sweatshirt, looking between the boys, "What's the plan?"

          Stiles huffed, shrugging slightly, "You guys get the yearbooks and transcripts in my room, I'll wake up my dad."

          Scott nodded, "Okay, and then what?"

          "I'll figure that out when it's time," Stiles said, walking up to the front door and unlocking it.  He let the McCall siblings in first before quietly following them, shutting and locking the door.  The trio moved through the house, Stiles breaking off from Kat and Scott to head to his dad's room while the siblings went to Stiles's.  Kat and Scott were silent as they searched Stiles's room for the yearbooks and transcripts, setting each one they found on Stiles's desk.  Noah and Stiles entered a few minutes later, Noah running a hand down his face as he tried to wake himself up.

          Stiles immediately jumped into a wild explanation about how they knew Matt was the actual killer behind each murder.  He had picked up a red marker as he flipped through the pages of each yearbook and transcript, underlining important details and crossing out people they had ruled out as the killer, finally ending his rant by circling Matt's freshman yearbook picture several times.  The teens looked at Noah expectantly, who only sighed.

          "So, this kid's the real killer?" He asked, sounding like he'd much rather be asleep than listening to his son talk about the current crimes being committed by a sophomore in high school.

          "Yeah." Stiles easily said.

          "No." Noah disagreed.

          "Yes!" Stiles said, his voice louder than before.

          Noah crossed his arms over his chest, "No."

          Stiles stood up from his desk chair, "Dad, come on.  Everybody knows that the police look for ways to connect victims in a murder, okay?  So, all you have to do is, like, look through their transcripts and figure out which class they all had in common."

          "Yeah, except for the fact that the rave promoter Kara wasn't in Haris's class," Noah said.

          "Alright, okay, you're right.  Sorry." Stiles sarcastically said,  "Then I guess they dropped the charges against him?"

          Noah squinted at Stiles, trying hard not to snap at him for being right. "No, you know what?  They're not dropping the charges.  But that doesn't prove -- "

          Stiles looked back at Scott and Kat, his eyebrows raised as he silently told them he was right.  He looked back at his dad, ready to defend his theory, but Noah silenced him and turned to the McCall siblings.

          "Scott, Kat, do you believe this?"

          "That's really hard to explain how we know this," Scott began, and Kat jumped in, "But you just gotta trust us.  We know it's Matt."

          "Yeah, he took Harris's car, okay?" Stiles continued, "Look, he knew that if a cop found tire tracks at one of the murders, and that if enough of the victims were in Harris's class, that they'd arrest him."

          "Alright, fine," Noah sighed. "I'll allow the remote possibility, but give me a motive.  I mean, why would this kid want most of the 2006 swim team and its coach dead?"