twenty-nine ✪

Xukun invited me to the rooftop but instead of talking we just ate in front of each other while sitting on the bench.

"Aren't you gonna say anything?" I said, a bit annoyed.

"I'm eating," He muttered with food in his mouth.

I sighed as I collected my things, "If you don't want to talk, fine. I'm leaving."

Xukun nodded, still busy with his food.

I stood up and walked on my heels. I was expecting him to chase after me but as I turned my head, he was still eating. How much can that boy eat?!

I stormed back to him and snapped, "Hey, Cai Xukun! I know you're tired of waiting for my answer but this is just too much. The moment you invited me here I thought you would say something or ask me about -"

I stopped midway when I noticed him trying to stop his laughter. What the heck is going on?

"A-are you done?" Xukun chuckled.

I furrowed my eyebrows, "If you invited me here to make fun of me, laugh all you want."

I saw him smirk, "I didn't invite you up here to laugh at you."

"Oh really?"

Xukun sighed as he abruptly pulled me back, making me sit on his lap. I swear if I had a mirror right now I would say I'm as red as a tomato. "X-xukun -"

"You really are dense, aren't you?" He said, cupping my blushing cheeks. "And you're cute when you get flustered."

I pushed his hands away, "This is not funny,"

He nods in agreement, "I know and I'm sorry. It's just, I was getting a bit impatient and the school dance was coming up -"

"Then why didn't you ask someone?"

"I was waiting for her to be ready."

I admit, my heart did a double back flip when he said that, because when he did, Xukun's gaze fixated on me. I saw him bit his lip which made the situation ten times hotter. He was still looking straight at me and it felt like I saw the whole universe in his eyes.

"Xinyi," He whispered my name softly, "Will you go to the school dance with me?"

I nodded willingly as I saw him smile, showing his teeth. Xukun's hands then moved to my chin as he tilted my head up. "You have no idea how happy you make me feel,"

I grinned at him, returning the gesture but instead of letting me go, he slowly leaned in.

I closed my eyes, feeling his soft lips on mine. His free hand wandered around my waist, pulling me closer. Xukun's kiss was different this time. It was full of passion and longingness.

I tasted strawberry and only then I realized that he was drinking a strawberry juice from before. My hands entangled up his blond locks as we continued making out.

"Damn it, Zhu Xinyi," I heard Xukun's husky voice in front of me as we stopped for air. "You don't know how long I waited for this to happen."

I giggled, covering my face with my hair. Indeed, it was a moment, I too, waited so long to happen.

🍎🍎🍎

"Aren't you gonna wait for my brother?" I asked as Ziyi fixed his hair in front of the mirror again. For the 10th time.

"Zhengting's still in the love dumps," Ziyi said, putting another hair gel. "Does it look okay?"

"Stop ruining your hair." Xukun comments as he sat beside me.

"Zhu Zhengting!" I screamed from the kitchen. "If you're not going out of there, I'll have to drag you down even if it means dragging the bed too!"

"You really should have gotten him a date," Xukun adds.

I shrugged, "I did! But how could I know that that Cheng Xiao girl was going back to China before the school dance?"

"He's just unlucky that's all," Ziyi said, finally finishing his hair. "Now, can you hand me the number of the police?"

Xukun and I looked at each other weirdly. I shook my head, "Why do you need the number of the police?"

Xukun stood and handed the piece of paper to him, "I asked out Kim Donghan's sister and if he harasses me, I know who to call."

"Why would you ask out his sister?!" I exclaimed.

Ziyi shrugged, "She dropped her pencil at math class and when I gave it back, she looked so pretty so I dropped the question. I didn't know she was Donghan's older sister!"

Xukun laughed, "Bro, if I were you, I'd practically do the same."

I crossed my arms and coughed really loud which made him almost lose his balance.

"I- mean - bro - that's just wrong."

The moment Ziyi walked out of the house, Zhengting dragged his blankets down. He's still wearing his pajamas.

"We're going to be leaving in a few minutes," I muttered pointing at his outfit. "You better get dressed."

Zhengting shook his head, "I'm not going anywhere. You might as well dump me too."

"I'll dump you alright, if you don't get your act together."

Just then, the doorbell rang. Xukun smirked, knowing who it was. I widen my eyes because I didn't think he would actually do it.

My brother yawned, "Someone's at the door. I hope it's not another one of Xukun's psycho fiance."

I pushed Zhengting towards the door, "Why don't you open it?"

"Are you kidding? I'm in my jammies."

The doorbell kept ringing and I'm getting impatient. I rolled my eyes and walked towards the door. "Are you seriously not going to change?"

"Nothing can make me get out of these butterfly pajamas." Zhengting proudly said.

I opened the door revealing the person that could make my brother's day a bit better. And make the butterflies in his jammies live.

Zhengting widens his eyes as he saw the person in front of him, "F-fan Bingbing?!?!?!?!"

He threw his blanket in the air and ran back upstairs while screaming,

"ZHU XINYI!!! CAI XUKUN!!!! HOW DARE YOU MAKE ME MEET FAN BINGBING IN MY PAJAMAS????"

I can hear the closet banging and some things falling on the floor. Zhengting was practically having a breakdown and the three of us couldn't stop laughing.

"I WILL GET YOU SOMEDAY I SWEAR IT!!!! DAMN WHERE IS MY HAIR GEL? XINYI IRON MY CLOTHES AND HURRY UP!!!!"

🍎🍎🍎

word count: 1,056 words
3/30/18