Chapter 30 -The Fall of Beacon Part 1-

The Vytal Festival, usually a time of peace between kingdoms and a nice competition between all the academies. But not this time.

The Grimms are attacking Vale, the Atlas robots got hijacked and are attacking civilians and the White Fang are attacking Beacon. All of the hunters are trying to help evacuate the students or in Vale killing Grimms. Except for a couple of teams from all around Remnant...

They were fighting against Griffons, Atlas robots and Paladins, trying their best to defend beacon at all cost.

"Weiss!" Neptune screamed as he witnessed her getting smacked away by a Paladin.

Yatsuhashi grunts as he blocks a punch from another Paladin, only to shoved backwards. Meanwhile with Ren, he was panting of exhaustion while another Paladin made it's way behind him.

"Look out!" Nora screamed as she pushed him away, only to be hit by the Paladin's arm and flung back.

"Nora, no!" Ren screamed as he tried to help Nora, only to be met with the same fate.

The Paladin then turns to Coco, Velvet and Neptune, trying to attack the giant robot with their guns. But the bullets just ricocheted off of it's armour.

"Ehh, this is bad," Neptune commented in a worried tone.

"Well, no it's a better time than any, Velvet!" said Coco as she stopped shooting her minigun.

"Really?" she asked excitedly.

"Just make 'em count," Coco said.

Velvet nodded as she puts on a serious face and starts walking towards the Paladin.

"What are you doing? She's going to get hurt," Weiss claimed as she stands back up.

"Just watch," Coco commented.

Velvet lifted her right arm sideways and a light copy of Crescent Rose appeared in her hand. The Paladin charged a shot, and the moment it shot, Velvet jumped high in the sky and swung the scythe down, attacking it. Then the scythe disappeared, and a light version of Myrtenaster appeared in her left hand.

The Paladin swung around and was about to hit Velvet, but she blocked the hit with the rapier, causing the giant robot to get stunned. Then, Velvet did some back flips to gain some distance from the robot. She then sprinted towards the robot and started to attack it. In the middle of the attacks, she changed Myrtenaster into Ember Celica and sends the Paladin backwards by a couple of steps. Velvet then charged a shot and shoots it to the Paladin, while dodging another swing from the robot.

She changed Ember Celica into Gambol Shroud and jumped on the back swing of the robot's arm and attaching the ribbon on it. While the Paladin's arm stopped moving, Velvet used the momentum to swing around and wrap the ribbon around the legs. Once she lands on the ground, she pulled on the ribbon, causing the robot to fall.

A second Paladin appeared behind Velvet, and the when it was about to hit her with an attack, she cut the arm clean off. As the robot looked confused at it's arm, Velvet threw the scabbard (the holster of the sword) to the Paladin and then bombarded it bullets by a light version of Coco's minigun. The robot blocked the bullets while moving towards her, and when it was about to attack her, she blocked the hit with a light version of Sun's bo staff.