Chapter 18 -Enjoying Company and Preparations-

I'm walking around the park in Vale with Ruby. I'm glad that Ruby invited me to go outside, especially after the training with my mother, because I nearly burned my angel wing multiple times. Eventually, we spotted a bench and decided to sit down. After a minute or so, I feel a tug on my jacket and look slightly down to face Ruby.

"Yes, Ruby?" I asked.

"(F/n), may I try one of your gauntlets?" she asked shyly.

"My gauntlets?" I asked, making sure I heard that right.

"Yeah, I'm a bit of a dork when it comes to weapons, and I always wanted to try your since I first saw them," she explains.

"Ehm, alright. But be careful with it," I said, trying to release Eden from my arm.

When I managed to release it, I carefully handed Eden to Ruby and the moment she touched it, she basically had stars in her eyes. I let out a chuckle because how existed she looks by just holding it.

"How does it work?" she asked, excitedly.

"Ehm... truth be told, I'm not sure how it works. Sometime they like to change when they want to, but usually, it changes when I'm fighting and decided to change fighting styles," I explained.

"Can I try it on?" she asked.

"Sure, let me help you," I said, trying to strap Eden on her arm.

We managed to put it on her eventually and she started to it around, trying to get a feel for it. Suddenly, Eden changed from the gauntlet form to it's scythe form, taking Ruby by surprise.

"Wow! This is so AWESOME!" she said overjoyed while giving the scythe a few twirls.

"Glad to know that it's to your liking," I said as Eden changed back to the gauntlet form.

"I understand now what you mean that they like to change when they want to," she said, handing Eden back to me.

"Yeah. Say Ruby, do you want something to eat? I think I saw a bakery on the way here,

"Yes! I-I mean, I'd love to," she said, blushing slightly.

I let out a small chuckle as we made our way to the bakery.

-Beacon Academy-

After some hours of enjoying each other's company, Ruby and I went back to our dorm. As I entered my dorm, I saw Rogue on his desk working on his katana, Nickel and Ozpin talking to each other while there's a third adult in the room. This person has short black messy hair, red eyes, a cape similar to Ruby without the hood, grey shirt and coat and a distinct smell of alcohol around him. But... for some reason, I feel quite a bit of an bad aura around him.

"Ah, (F/n). Glad to see that you arrived," said Ozpin.

"Hey Ozpin... who I the person in the corner?" I asked as I prepared Azazel in his hidden blade mode.

"(F/n), this is Qrow. He works for Ozpin for quite some time, and he's here for a special request," Nickel explained.

"Alright, and what kind of request, if you don't mind me asking," I said, changing Azazel back to the gauntlet form.

"I'm here to help ya train," Qrow responded as he pulls out a flask.

"Simply put, yes. You see, I believe that he can train you better with your weapons and overall endurance," Ozpin explained.

"Alright... When exactly do you wish to start with this training?" I asked in a worried tone.

"We'll be going in two days, kid. So you got time to say goodbye to your palls and get some of your stuff," said Qrow in his rough voice.