Chapter 5 -Learning Friendship-

"I'm Ruby the leader of Team RWBY, and these are my teammates Weiss," she said, gesturing to the girl in white, "Blake," gesturing to the girl in black, "and my sister Yang," gesturing to the girl in yellow.

"It's pleasant to meet you all," I said with a smile.

I saw the girls started to get a confused and shocked expression.

"Are you alright?" I asked in a confused tone.

"Yeah, it's just... masks normally don't show expressions," said Blake in a surprised manner.

"Oh, right. I keep forgetting that I have that on. It's like part of my skin," I explained.

"That's cool, but can you show the face under the mask? I would like to meet the brave knight that's hiding under his helmet," said Yang.

I was surprised by her comment to say the least. I'm used to much human interactions, let alone complimented by a girl, so all this is new for me.

"Miss Xiao Long? Please, restrain yourself from flirting with the new student. He spent the better part of his live at the ruined city at Mountain Glenn, so he's not used to much social interactions," said Nickel.

"Yeah... Even I can feel how uncomfortable (F/n) feeling," said Rogue.

"Wait, Moutain Glenn? How?" asked Weiss.

"I though that was obvious from the initiation that Ozpin gave me. And that request about the mask... I guess I can do that, since I'm going to be here for a while," I said with a smile.

Everyone seemed surprised, but were eager nonetheless. I put my hands to the sides of the mask and carefully removing it, revealing my (e/c) eyes. After a minute or so in silence, I put my mask back on.

"Aww, why did you put it back on? We were enjoying your looks," said Yang.

"Because I don't really like being stared at, and it feels like I'm wearing nothing without it," I explained.

"I'm pretty sure you're going to gain more attention with it," said Weiss.

"At least then I know what they are looking at," I said to them.

"Fair point. Anyway, shall we go get some lunch?" Rogue asked.

"Yeah, team JNPR are probably wondering where we are," said Blake, walking toward the exit.

The rest of the group followed Blake, and even Rogue.

"Are you coming or what?" Rogue asked.

I decided to tag along, because I have no clue what else to do in this massive academy.

-Cafeteria-

I was being pulled by the group of four towards a table. While I looked around for an escape, I saw Rogue talking to a girl with bunny ears and and a girl with sunglasses and a fashionista hat.

"Hi everyone," said a blonde boy.

"Jaune, Pyrrha, Nora, Ren. This is (F/n), a new student here at Beacon," said Ruby.