Chapter 14 -Helping Hand-

I slowly wake up again, and noticed I was in my dorm, Echo cuddling against my arm.

"Take it easy, brother. You need some time to heal. Quite interesting book you have here, very creative what humanity can come up with about our life," said Apollyon, who's sitting next to me.

He put the book on my nightstand and walks towards me.

"So, when were you going to tell us about this little gal?" he asked, petting the Hydra's head.

"Sorry, you guys usually just pop in and out, so I never get the chance. Anyway, where's Luci? Let alone, my team mates," I asked, looking around the dorm.

"Your teammates will come soon, and Lucifer is still tailing Adam, though... he probably isn't going to last long until she figured out his location," Apollyon explained.

"Alright. Say... care to tell what happened while I blacked out? I was speaking to mother while I was partially dead," I explained.

"Let's just say, sis wasn't happy to know what happened. And since she's the ruler of Hell along with mother... you can probably put the pieces together," Apollyon explain in an uneasy tone.

"Anyway, I fear I need to return to my duties. But the moment Lucifer knows Adam's location, she'll come to visit you. For now, rest," he said as he walks towards the door.

"Alright. Thank you for everything, Apollyon," I said to him with a kind smile.

"Anytime, brother. Talk to you soon," he said as he disappear.

I fall back in the bed and let out an annoyed sigh. I lift the cover and look at the wound at my belly, revealing a long horizontal scar. Multiple heads of Echo look down at the wound as well, then look up to me with a worried look. A gentle smile started to form on my face and I started to pet the different heads of hers.

"I'll be alright, Echo. Don't worry about me," I said to her.

After twenty minutes or so, my sister appeared, and with company behind her. This person, was wearing a long, black cloth covering his head, a big, rusted scythe and a pair of translucent wings. The wings looked like screaming faces from the smoke that it's made of.

"Hey bro, how are you feeling?" Lucifer asked in a worried manner.

"Felling better, thanks to Apollyon. Who's your friend?" I asked curiously.

"'He' goes by many names, but he's mostly known as Death. One of the four Horseman of the Apocalypse," Luci explained.

"It's an honor to finally meet you again, Master Phoenix," he said, bowing towards me.

"Ehm... the honor is mine, Death," I said, trying to bow towards him as well.

"Phoenix, I know where Adam an the traitor are," she said in a serious tone.

Just then, I realize something.

"The recording!" I said out loud as I opened the menu on my mask and looking through the recordings.

"Recordings?" Luci asked confusely.

"This mask of mine records everything, and the last thing I remember before I blacked out was that Blake dropped a note in front of me. My mask can show what the note says," I said, looking through the different files.

After a few seconds, I found the file with the note and started reading it out loud.

"'Blake,

It has pained me since your departure from me and the cause...I regret to do this but you have left me and my followers no choice

Return to the White Fang and pledge your loyalty to us or your family, friends and team will suffer for your selfishness and fear...