Chapter 26

I wasn't a simple, "Oh why don't we just jog off or run away from him," way that Alec had said to me, his eyes weary.

It was a panicked, low moan of despair, as he grabbed my arm and fled.

"Shit!" He yelled as a few heads turned, and little kids open their mouths in astonishment.

In a daze, he began to run into people, stumbling and crossing past them, as he dragged me along by my arm. He yanked, spun and forced me around, as I stumbled multiple times around, my luggage becoming like a brick to my arms.

"Hurry up Jamie!" He panted as we reached the outside terminal, and waving for a taxi. I nearly doubled over in a loss of breath, my head spinning.

Pushing me into the taxi, I stumbled in as my luggage was thrown at me. Alec, nearly flung himself into the car after me as he slammed the door shut.

"Take us far away from here!" He yelled, as the taxi driver moved his body to look at us.

The driver nodded, as I sat there breathless and flushed.

"W-what's...Oh god, " I gasped. I held my hand to my heart, closing my eyes trying to restart my heart. "What was that for?"

He rested his head against the window panting, as he began to buckle himself in.

"You didn't tell me everything did you?" His voice seemed to growl out, in clear anger.

I huffed. "What are you talking about? What do you mean...that this is all about me?"

He rolled his eyes and sat up straighter, rubbing at his chin. "All about you? This is your fault. Now tell me what you did or I will drop you off at the next corner..."

I scoffed. "Nothing that bad! God, its not like I ever did anything like commit a murder or something."

His eyes flashed, as I froze.

"It burns!" Jake screamed, his body suddenly going into millions of spasms. "Stop! Turn it off!" the screaming got louder, and more filled with agony with every second.

"What in the hell did you do?" Darren asked, voice filled with panic.

"I..." my lips trembled as I sat up straighter now...more horrified.

"You killed him didn't you?" Alec whispered, checking to see if the taxi driver was listening.

Apperantly not, he had earphones in both of his ears as he jammed out to songs.

"I didn't know...It was when I had the tattoo...and when...he kissed me..."

Alec sighed in frustration, as the road trip continued on...in dreaded silence.

"Alec..." My voice cracked as I broke the silence. "Who was that following us?"

He groaned, turning to look at me now. "I guess you could call it a demon. Except it's a cross mix between what you call...hitmen."

I blinked. A hired killer from the underworld?

Alec sensed a bit of my confusion as he rolled his eyes. "Whoever you killed, must have ment a lot to someone for them to go after you and kill you. Demons aren't cheap."

My lower lip trembled as I nodded, and turned to face outside.

Would I have to die to escape everything that happened in the Underworld?