Chapter 27

"Jamie, wake up." Alec's smooth, melodic voice echoed through my mind as I shifted.

"What?" I blurted out, bringing my head up and looking out groggily out the window.

Oh shit.

Las Vegas?

The cool air shocked me, as Alec hopped out of the taxi, while the trunk popped open. Sitting up straight now, I looked in wonder.

People were strutting, walking, running, laughing, singing, dancing...it was wonderful. Climbing out of the car, I walked over to Alec who was paying the taxi driver a large amount of money.

Watching the taxi drive away, I stretched.

"What are we doing here Alec?" I asked loudly, as he began to turn around and effortlessly carry our luggage into a dark black pyramid.

"The Luxur!" I exclaimed after a silenced Alec, as we walked into the hotel, the thick, musky scent of cigarettes and alcohol.

I could see Alec shaking his head wondering how I could be in such a lovely mood.

Rolling my eyes and skipping over to the counter I gave a small smile to the guy at the counter.

He eyed me curiously, as Alec and him began to do what men do. Tuning them out, I stared at everything around me.

Wow, Las Vegas.

Glamorous!

"Alrighty! I'm going to the casino!" I chirped as I began to drift happily away. His arm hooked out and grabbed me, his eyes serious.

"Are you kidding me? The demon is probably going to be here any minute. At least we will be safe once we are in the room."

I groaned.

After getting our room key and going to the penthouse, I looked around.

Oh crap. It was probably the biggest, most beautiful room I had ever seen. Sighing in happiness I pranced over to the bed and dove.

Sinking in happily into the goose feathered throw, I sighed.

I was trying to forget.

I was pretending to be happy...I was pretending that there was nothing after me-no demon...no ex-boyfriend...nothing.

And shockingly I felt normal.

Sitting up I stared at Alec. "Thanks..." I smiled, my heart weighted and light at the same time. He stared at me curiously, his eyes stressed.

"Your...welcome?"

I let out a sigh as I grabbed my luggage and hopped over to the bathroom.

Flipping the shower and stripping, I relaxed.

I was a new me.

No Hayden.

======================================

The quiet dripping of the faucet cleared my peaceful mind as I dried myself off after the shower.

I still loved him...but I didn't want him.

I looked at my body in the mirror and remembered how he touched me and promised me love. I began to put clothes on in a haze but....

But Lily? Why did he want her more than me?

I know I was only with him for three days...

I let out a short laugh.

I was hooked to him...it was like a mental drug. I no longer hurt because the tattoos were gone, but the need for him would always be there.

It was a pulling, an unsatisfied hunger.

Walking out of the bathroom, and drying off my hair I looked at the sleeping Alec.

Horrifying people in the world surrounded me and I got stuck with one of the nicest.

And he was in danger...because of me.

I stared out the window, an overview of the entire Las Vegas my mind reeling.

I needed to go downstairs and be a big girl.

I needed to find whoever it was after me and explain what really happened. I needed to explain my situation with Hayden and everything around me.

Then they will spare Alec and maybe then Alec can be with the one that he loves.

I can't be the one to destroy another relationship.

Throwing my hair up in a ponytail I quietly snuck out of the room and hit the elevator button.

The shiny silver doors opened.

Looks like the demon got me first.