Council of Lord Elrond

Freya's POV

Sam and I enter the room Frodo is recovering in. To see Frodo awake and we rush to his bedside. Me clasping his hand in mine out of joy. "I thought I lost you little brother" I say stroking his curls down.

"Bless you, you're awake" Sam says happily. Frodo laughs at our behavior.

"Freya and Sam has hardly left your side" Gandalf tells him.

"We were that worried about you, weren't we Mister Gandalf?" Sam asks.

"By the skills of Lord Elrond, you're beginning to mend" Gandalf tells Frodo. Lord Elrond enters the room and smiles down at Frodo. 

"Welcome to Rivendell, Frodo Baggins" he says smiling. "Though if it weren't for your sister, you may of died before you'd got here" he states.

"I'd do anything to keep my little brother alive" I state. "Can he get up?" I ask Lord Elrond who nods his head.Rivendell sits high above a gorge which is thick with pines and deciduous shrubs. Delicate, lacy waterfalls trace their way down to the river below. Sam and I lead Frodo to the gardens where he's reunited with the other two. It was great to have the band back together.Frodo and I spots a familiar figure sitting on a stone seat, reading from a large Red Book.

"Uncle Bilbo!" we cheer running over to him.Bilbo looks aged and frail. He leans heavily upon a staff as he gets up to greet us.

"Hello, Frodo my lad and Dear Freya" he says hugging us. I leave them to talk and go wonder through Rivendell. I stand at a tall window, looking out of it and see a group of new arrivals in the garden.A man, an Elf and companions, and a party of Dwarves all dismount and stare around in wonder.

"They are here for the council" Strider states from beside me. I jump in threat. "I'm sorry, I did not mean to scare you Freya" he tells me.

"It's fine, what council?" I ask him.

"The council of Lord Elrond, you and your brother have been invited to go" he states. "But the other three have not been invited" he adds.

"Why am I allowed to go? I'm a woman, a healer. Not a warrior" I remind him.

"It's the wish of Frodo and Gandalf that you be there. So Lord Elrond has allowed it" he explains. "It'll be held tomorrow in a hidden court yard, Gandalf will show you and Frodo the way" he states before leaving.

(Next day)

A blue and peach dress was laid out for me on a chair. I bathed and got dressed. I then brushed out my curly hair and put shoes on. There was a knock at the door and Gandalf stood there with Frodo. They completed me on the dress and then Gandalf lead us to the court yard.

"Strangers from distant lands, friends of old. You have been summoned here to answer the threat of Mordor.Middle-Earth stands upon the brink of destruction. None can escape it. You will unite or you will fall.Each race is bound to this fate — this one doom" Elrond states. "Also there is a woman present, and she will stay no matter who objects" he adds. "Bring forth the ring Frodo" he calls.

Frodo walks forward, rises and lays the Ring on the pedestal. Before coming back to sit in between Gandalf and I. The members of the Council stare at the Ring, mesmerized by it. The man I saw yesterday rose from his seat and began to speak.

"In a dream, I saw the eastern sky grow dark. But in the West a pale light lingered. A voice was crying: 'Your doom is near at hand'" he states. Hereaches a hand out towards the Ring. Gandalf and Elrond exchange concerned looks. The man's fingers now  hover above the Ring.

"Boromir!" Lord Elrond says sternly.Gandalf stands and begins to chant in the Black Speech. The ring echoes the harsh words. Thunder crackles as the sky darkens. The Council stare around them in fear and confusion. Boromir returns to his seat.

"Never before has any voice uttered the words of that tongue here in Imladris!" Lord Elrond tells Gandalf.

"I do not ask your pardon, Master Elrond, for the Black Speech of Mordor may yet be heard in every corner of the West!The Ring is altogether evil" Gandalf states. But Boromir said how it was a gift and asked we give the ring to Gondor. So that they can use the ring against Sauron.

"You cannot wield it! None of us can. The One Ring answers to Sauron alone. It has no other master" Strider tells him.

"And what would a ranger know of this matter?" Boromir asks. A blonde haired elf stands from his seat facing him.

"This is no mere ranger. He is Aragorn, son of Arathorn. You owe him your allegiance" he states.

"Aragorn? This... is Isildur's heir?" Boromir asks unimpressed.

"And heir to the throne of Gondor" the elf adds.

"Havo dad, Legolas" Strider/Aragorn tells the elf and he sits down. (Translation: sit down, Legolas). Boromir said Gondor had no king and needs no king before sitting back down.

"Aragorn is right. We cannot use it" Gandalf says.

"You have only one choice. The Ring must be destroyed" Elrond states.

"Then what are we waiting for?" a dwarf asks. Hegrabs an axe and approaches the pedestal.He strikes the Ring with full force but is repelled back, throwing him to the ground. I raise from my sit and rush to him.

"Are you alright master dwarf?" I ask as I help him up.

"I'm alright lass" he assures me and I nod my head returning to my seat. As Lord Elrond said the ring couldn't be destroyed by any weapon we posses. It was made in the fires of Mount Doom and only there it could be destroyed. They all then start to argue about who'd take the ring to Mordor. Until Frodo stood saying he'd take it. Everyone goes quiet and looks at him.

"I will take the Ring to Mordor. Though — I do not know the way" Frodo states.

"I will help you bear this burden, Frodo Baggins, as long as it is yours to bear" Gandalf states placing a hand on his shoulder.

"If by my life or death, I can protect you, I will" Aragorn states. He kneels before Frodo and says "you have my sword". Then stands beside him and Gandalf.

"And you have my bow" the elf from before declares joining the group.

"And my axe!" Gimli states looks grimly at the elf as he joins the group.

"You carry the fate of us all little one. If this is indeed the will of the Council, then Gondor will see it done" Boromir states joining them. I stand from my seat and run to hug Frodo tightly.

"I nearly lost you once little brother and won't go through that again. Besides no doubt you'll need a healer" I say pulling away. "If you allow me, I'd like to be that healer" I tell him.

"Of course, together forever right?" he asks smiling. I smile and stand between him & Gimli. Boromir does not look pleased I'm going. But says nothing when Aragorn and Gandalf give him a look. Sam, Merry and Pippin appear out of nowhere saying they'd go to. The ten of us were made the Fellowship of the Ring.

A/N

Picture above of the dress Freya wore to the council of Elrond.