Death of Saruman

Freya's POV

We have defeated Isengard and Treebeard said it was safe for the three of us to explore. We wade through waist-deep in water and look up at the tower. Where we can see Saruman and one other man pacing. I'd retrieved an orc knife encase we encounter any surviving orcs.

"He doesn't look too happy, does he?" I ask the other two.

"Not too happy at all, Freya" Pippin agrees.

"Still, I suppose the view would be quite nice form up there" Merry tells us.

"Oh yes, a quality establishment. I hear the staff are very good" Pippin states. I try not to giggle as Merry surreptitiously tries to measure his height against Pippin's. Pippin looks back at him, and Merry pretends to be picking something out of his hair. "What are you doing?" Pippin asks him.

"Nothing. The world's back to normal, that's all" Merry tells him.

"No it isn't. I'm starving" Pippin tells him. I spot an apple floating in the water and grab it.

"Good luck trying to find something decent around here. Probably only dead rats and moldy bread" Merry tells him as I take a bite of the apple. They look at me surprised and I point to the water as more floating apples appear. We follow them.

Pippin grabs them, then drops them to pick up a roast chicken. We then find a whole basket of apples. Merry finds a carafe of wine. We then enter a storeroom filled with food. "Saruman's storeroom" Merry says.

We see two barrels marked Southfarthing. "I don't believe it" I say.

"It can't be" Merry says as Pippin goes to open one.

"It is" Pippin declares happily.

"Longbottom Leaf. The finest pipe-weed in South Farthing" Merry states.

"It's perfect. One barrel each. Wait. Do you think we should share it with Treebeard?" Pippin asks us.

"I get it, don't be hasty" Pippin says smiling.

"Exactly. Bar-hrum" Merry says as he lights his pipe now filled with Longbottom leaf. I roll my eyes and continue to ate my apple while examining the other things in the storeroom.

(That afternoon)

We now sit on top of the storeroom, feasting. "It's good. Definately from the Shire" Merry states. While I hide the last of the salted pork, I know Gimli will no doubt want some.

"I feel like I'm back at the Green Dragon" Pippin tells us.

"The green dragon" Merry says reminiscing.

"A mug of ale in my hand, putting my feet up on a settle after a hard day's work" Pippin explains.

"Only, you've never done a hard day's work" I tell him and we all laugh. Just the a group of riders appear, and approach the crumbled gates encircling Isengard. They are Gandalf, Legolas, Gimli, Aragorn and a couple unknown men. Merry stands up to greet them as Pippin raises his mug of ale.

"Welcome my lords, to Isengard" Merry tells them and Aragorn smiles up at us.

"You young rascals! A merry chase you've led us on, and now we find you feasting and... and smoking!" Gimli shouts.

"We are sitting on the field of victory, enjoying a few well-earned comforts. The salted pork is particularly good" Pippin tells him.

"Salted pork?" Gimli asks.

"Don't worry, I save you some" I tell him and he smiles up at me.

"We're under orders from Treebeard, who's taken over management of Isengard" Merry tells them. He gets on behind Gandalf and Pippin behind Aragorn. While I get on behind one of the unknown riders. He introduces himself as Eomer and tells me the other man is his uncle King Theoden of Rohan.