Nightmare.

This was a request from KamillaWolfhard

Hope you like it! :D

What is in lowercase is part of the dream.

"Um, excuse me, chocolate is the best ice cream flavor that has ever existed and that's a fact."

"Um, excuse you! Strawberry is definitely the best!" Mike stated, making El laugh as she licked her chocolate ice cream cone.

"Have you ever tried chocolate? It's delicious!"

"If you're going to keep saying that I might just have to turn around and leave you here with your stupid chocolate ice cream."

El snorted and smacked his arm, making him laugh. "If you're going to keep saying that strawberry is better than chocolate then I might just have to get your stupid strawberry ice cream all over your pretty face, Mike."

"Hey! It was one time! I sneezed!" He answered as he blushed.

"Yeah, you sneezed so hard that your face hit your ice cream. And you fell afterwards, right?" El teased.

"Yeah, yeah. You have done dumb things too, El."

"Yeah? Like what?"

"Um, like when you got scared of a little bunny and jumped on me, or when you opened the door so fast that you accidentally hit your forehead with it, or when..."

"Okay, okay! I get it!" Mike laughed, making El laugh with him.

"OH MY GOD!" The pair turned around to see an old woman looking with a terrified expression to the highest part of a tree, from where a little kid was hanging from one of its branches. "SOMEONE HELP HIM!"

A small crowd gathered around the tree, some people calling for help and others just there to see what was happening.

Suddenly, the branch from where the little kid was hanging started to break, making the crowd start to scream louder.

And it finally broke, making the little boy fall with it, but before he landed he floated right above the ground for about 3 seconds.

Mike turned around to see El, whose nose had blood dripping from it.

With no warning, Mike pulled El by her wrist to behind a dumpster, a little too hard. "Are you crazy?"

"What?"

"You could have been seen! You could have been recognized!"

"Oh what, so I'm supposed to let that kid die?!"

"No! But, god, what the fuck, Eleven!"

"Don't call me that." She said deadly, her eyes looking at the floor, not at him.

"What if someone saw you? Shit." He took a hand to his forehead and rubbed it. "That wasn't dumb, Eleven. That was fucking stupid." She looked up at him as she gasped. "Why can't you just be normal? What is wrong with you?"

She gasped again and her vision went blurry. "Fuck you Mike." She said and let go off his hand abruptly, running away from him before she could even see his regretful expression.

"No, El! I'm so-" He couldn't continue since she had thrown him with her powers to the dumpster.

"You're not, Mike!" She sobbed and continued walking away, hugging herself as she rubbed her arms with her hands. "You're not." She whispered as tears fell of her eyes, but she didn't bother to wipe them away.

"Why can't you just be normal?" It kept replying on her mind.

"El."

"That was fucking stupid."

"El, wake up."

"What is wrong with you?"

"WAKE UP EL."

El stood up abruptly on her bed with a big gasp, breathing and shaking heavily.

"Are you okay?" She was finally able to focus on something, or someone.

Mike was in front of her, sitting on her bed with a concerned expression plastered on his face.

She then saw everyone else behind him, looking at her with the same concerned expression.

"Mike." She breathed before launching herself at him, wrapping her arms around his neck and burying her face on his chest, allowing herself to cry there.

"It's okay El. I'm here." She felt his arms go around her waist, rubbing her back as he moved the two of them back and forth. "I'm here." He kissed her forehead, and she heard a big fake cough behind him.

"Uh, yeah, so, uh, we're, er, leaving." She had the urge to giggle at her father's awkwardness before him and everyone else left her and Mike alone in her new room at the Byers house.

"I'm sorry." She managed to say before she sobbed.

"What are you sorry for?" She almost smiled at the softness of his voice. She only heard him speak to her like that and she loved it.

"For having these dreams."

"What dreams?" He moved one of his hands to her hair and started to pass his fingers through her hair.

"I-" She hiccuped and breathed slowly to calm herself. "I dreamt that we were waking together in the park when suddenly a little boy fell from one of the branches of a big tall tree and I had to save him with my powers so you grabbed my wrist and hurt it with the strength you used and then you called me stupid, and... and then asked m-me why I am not n-normal and w-what is wr-wrong w-with m-me and-"

"Shhh, shhh. Breath, okay? Inhale." She inhaled and held it for 5 seconds. "Exhale." She did and repeated it 3 more times.

"Then I threw you back just like I did when it took me at school and ran away." She sniffled. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry, there's nothing you have to be sorry for!"

"Yes there is! I shouldn't be having dreams like that, because... You would never hurt me, right?" She whispered the last part, as if she wasn't sure if it was right to ask what she was asking.

"No! No! I would, god, Eleven, I would never, never hurt you, okay?" He kissed the top of her head, taking in the scent of coconut her hair had. "And if I ever do, don't throw me back, just... just kill me right there before I kill myself."

That took a little giggle out of El, and with it a smile from Mike as well. "El?"

"Yeah?"

"I understand."

She smiled, still with her head buried on his chest, and tightened her grip to him.

He understood. He understood that no matter what happens, El will always be insecure. She'll never fully accept that there are people who'd never let her down, that will never leave her side for as long as they live. She will always be afraid of people she loves leaving her, or either just realize what she 'really is'.

But he knows what, who she is, and he is in love with it. He'll never leave her side, and for as long as he lives, he'll always be there for her and he'll love her more than words can express. He will be there to fight away her nightmares and insecurities, and to remind her that she's perfect just the way she is.

"Thank you Mike." She said right before falling asleep, still on his arms.

He put her down on her bed, but put her head on his chest and his arms around her. "Thank you, El." He kissed the top of her head and drifted to sleep as well, resting his chin on her head.

1220 words!
Keep sending requests guys! And if I don't update your idea it means that I already wrote something similar or it involves something I don't feel comfortable writing about or I still haven't finished it. ;)