Chapter 26 : Revelations

MBBG Book 1 : The Bad Boys Taught Me.

_________

I ran my fingers through my hair over and over again to somehow relieve the stress I was feeling. It was a futile attempt to calm my nerves. I was nervous beyond imagination. I had completely transformed from the girl I was to the girl who would get noticed. All because I had gotten my heart broken.

"This is a terrible idea.",I say turning around to get back inside Dani's car so I could avoid the curious glances. "I look like a completely different person. The clothes are nice and all but it just isn't me.",I say reaching for the door when I hear an unsatisfying click from the inside,indicating that the door had been locked.

"You look amazing. And this is only temporary. As soon as Xavi realizes what he's missing out on,this'll be over.",Dani smiles encouragingly.

I sigh heavily. "Are you sure ? I don't know about all this...",I trail off inside of the big step I'm about to take in this little plan.

I had completely transformed from my basic yet somewhat cute clothes to looking absolutely smokin'. I did feel a bit uncomfortable with the wardrobe change but I must admit that Dani has impeccable taste. These clothes were every girl's dream. Just not mine. These were the kind of clothes that the girls who got the hot guys would wear. Maybe that's why Xavi cheated on me. The fact that he liked girls who looked more like the new and improved me was all the motivation I needed to turn away from Dani's car with my chin up and strut into our school.

"I'll see you later,beautiful.",Dani called before speeding out of the school parking lot. I chuckled at his term of endearment. You could tell the reason he said it so loud was to get the gossip going. After the slap to the face that Xavi got last week in English the school had been buzzing with questions about our relationship status. Now that Dani was openly flirting with me it would somewhat confirm the students' suspicions.

I walked through our school doors and almost immediately everyone stopped what they were doing,putting their conversations on pause,to take me in. Their eyes scanned my body,judging every bit of clothing I was wearing. It wasn't anything revealing or anything too special but it definitely wasn't I was used to. And that's exactly why everyone was so surprised.

I almost put my head down because of how shy I usually was but I decided against it. I felt like I had something to prove.

Especially to Xavi.

If he wanted the confident and more outgoing girls,then I was going to be one of them. Only,I would be one that he couldn't have.

Not that he would want me seeing that he dumped me but at least I would get a reaction from him.

As I neared my locker I saw the boys and Tianna standing close by and I assumed they were waiting for me to arrive. That's when I saw Xavi's mystery girl clinging to his side like she's been doing since the first time he brought her around.

As I approached them,everyone's attention was focused on me. Their eyes scanned every inch of my clothed body.

"Damn. You look hot !",Tianna exclaimed,catching the attention of a few onlookers.

"Thanks.",I chuckled. I noticed out of the corner of my eyes that Xavi hadn't stopped observing my appearance as yet.

I turned to my locker to put my books inside when someone spoke up. "Hi,I'm Kacey.",she says cheerfully.