Chapter 1 : First Day

MBBG book 1 : The Bad Boys Taught Me,chapter 1.

Every beautiful adventure and memory began with a first.~T.Francis.

--------

Waking up at 5:30 in the morning was not the best feeling ever. Especially when the reason was because you had to go to school. Just thinking of it makes me cringe. "See you later Bumpty", I say as I get up out of my warm and comfortable bed heading to the shower.

20 minutes later

I get out of my bathroom and head to my closet already having an idea of my outfit for my first day back at school. I pick out my black skinny jeans,my red converse and my Simple Plan band tee. I brush my hair a little and then put it in a high pony.

I knew that my outfit looked pretty simple, especially since it was the first day, but hey...it wasn't like I had anyone to impress. I was always being bullied and I didn't have any friends, so what was the point of dressing up right ?
I grab my phone and head downstairs to the sound of my mom's beautiful voice singing. My mother's name is Rosalinda Hernandez. She is absolutely beautiful and yes,she's Latina. She has long dark hair,just like mine,and the most beautiful pair of brown eyes you will ever see. "Amor prohibido murmuran por las calles, por que sumos de distintas sociedades",she sings her classic Selena song as loud as she can. "Amor prohibido nos dicé todo el mundo, el dinero no importa en ti en mi...ni en el corazon....ohhhh baby", I joined in. I swear I love this woman to death,that's why she's my best friend.

"Good morning ", my dad said as he took a seat in the kitchen waiting for his breakfast. "Good morning daddy", I said as I took a seat beside him. "Buenos días",says my mom as she leans over and his kisses my dad. My parents were adorable. They have such an epic love story. You see, my dad is African American and Caribbean, so my parents coming from different racial backgrounds would mean a lot of racial negativity. They've both lost a lot of people on their journey because of it, but they didn't care,all that matters was that they had each other.

"So are you ready for school, mi amor ", my mom said. "Yeah mom, I think so." , I said as I ate my cereal. "When are you gonna introduce us to your friends sweetie ? I mean it's senior year and you still haven't shown us the people you hang out with." My eyes well up with tears but I quickly blink them away. "Soon mom. You know everybody's just been a little.....busy.", I lie.

"Well okay, sweetheart " , she says as she looks at her watch. "Athalia you need to go now or you're going to be late."
" Oh alright, I'll see you guys later." , I shout as I dash out of my house. I go outside and see my skateboard laying on the ground so I quickly grab it and I'm off to school. No, I don't have a car yet but my parents are planning on getting me one for my eighteenth birthday. On my way to school, I think of what the new year could bring for me.....probably nothing. I used to hope that at the start of a new term that my bullying would stop.....yeah right. It only got worse. I personally don't think it could get worse than where it is now....but those kids at school always seem to surprise me.

My journey to school is only about fifteen minutes so I'm not surprised when I see the beautiful gates of death just a little up the street. I make my way onto the school compound with my head hanging low. I hear the noise and chatter of my fellow students catching with each other. I make my way inside without being bothered. I guess the "squad" isn't here yet, for if they were I couldn't have passed the door without getting knocked down.

You see, "The Squad" consists of 5 girls who go by the names of : Tianna, Chutni, Alani,Albany and Reaghan. They have been tormenting me since the day I set foot into this school. Why ? I honestly don't know. Do I care ? Hell no. I just need senior year to be over. One more year in this place then I'm gone forever, leaving all of these cruel people in the past.
I make my way to my locker ignoring all the fake girls around me. " Eww what is she wearing ?"
"She looks disgusting "
"I didn't even know it was possible for someone to be so ugly and plain at the same time.", speak of the whores.....I turn around to face the squad staring me down in disgust. A few years ago this would have hurt, but now, I guess you can say I'm used to it.....and that's the sad part.

I continue walking to my locker. After collecting my books I head to my class, Chemistry. "Nothing like Chemistry to wake you up in the morning.", I say with sarcasm laced in my voice.
As I take a seat in class, seeing that my teacher wasn't here yet,I couldn't help but eavesdropping on the nearby conversation. " Did you hear about the new boys ?",said Sidney. "Yeah, and I heard that they are totally hot......and rich, you know it helps when they have some money", said Meghan. I roll my eyes at how shallow they are. " I also heard that they're all like Latino or Italian or something like that", said Sidney. "Wait, aren't Italian and Latino like.....the same thing ?", replies Meghan. "Oh yeah, I think so." I mentally face palm so hard at these idiots....like really ?!?!

My first class ends pretty quickly but I can't stop thinking about what those girls were saying.....I don't know why, but I feel like I need to make some friends this year...for my mom.
Seeing that these new boys don't know anything about me, like the fact that the whole school resents me, it might just be easy. I'm gonna make some friends this year........if it's the last thing I do....I just hope they're not scary.