Chapter 20 : "Let Me Take You Dancing"

MBBG Book 1 : The Bad Boys Taught Me

"Dancing is my way of telling the world to fuck off."-T.F

________________

Meeting Xavi's family went better than I had expected. They were good people. However,as the week went on,I couldn't stop thinking about why Xavi didn't use his father's last name.

That was odd,to say the least.

I desperately wanted to ask but I wasn't trying to seem nosy. I'll just wait until he's ready to open up to me about certain things.

Getting my mind off Xavi, I returned to what I was doing.

"Yo sólo la miré y me gustó
Me pegué y la invité : "Bailemos, eh?"
La noche está para un reggaeton lento
De esos que no se bailan hace tiempo
Yo sólo la miré y me gustó
Me pegué y la invité : "Bailemos, eh?"
La noche está para un reggaeton lento
De esos que no se bailan hace tiempo"

I swayed my hips to the sound of the music and let the rhythm control my every move.

Reggaeton Lento blasted through the speakers. It was like I was hypnotized, dancing to my favorite song.

I was currently in the only empty room in my house. My parents had turned it into a playroom for me when I was a child. As I grew older and started to fall in love with dance, they removed all the toys and childish furniture and let me have it to myself.

This song is intoxicating. It gave me a rush when I danced to it. It didn't help that I was also in love with Joel and Erick but that's a story for another time, let's not stray.

"Wow", I heard someone say from the door.

My body froze and all movement stopped. I slowly turned around to see all the boys standing at the doorway.

Of course, Xavi was the one who had spoken and broken me out of my trance.

I blushed in embarrassment. "What are you guys doing here ?", I shrieked.
"We came over to hang out, like we always do on a Friday night.", Nyjah said giving me way more attitude than what was necessary.

"You are amazing. ", Xavi beamed.

"Yeah, where did you learn to dance like that ?", Keanon asked.

"My mom is latina.", I said pointedly.

That statement explained everything to the boys and they all nodded.

"We can dance too,you know.", Parker smirked.

"Somos los meiores.", Xavi said with a smirk.

"Estoy seguro que eres.", I responded with a chuckle.

"Let us show you. ", Bash said.

"Okay. Show me ", I smirked.

"Here ? We can't show you here. We don't even have a partner.", Blaze responded.

"So where do you suggest that we go ?", I answered impatiently. They said they were the best and I was determined to see them dance.

The boys turned to look at each other and simultaneously started smirking.

I can already tell that is gonna be a bad idea.

"Oh no.", I said already dismissing whatever plan they had.

"Get dressed. I'll pick you up in two hours.", Xavi said before they all turned around to leave my house.

I sighed heavily. "Why did they have to catch me dancing ?", I whined to myself.