Prologue

My phone beeps . Over and over again. The torment continues. I try not to look. I really am trying. My screen is flashing rapidly. I reach over and grab my phone from my nightstand. I unlock it to see that I have 78 unread messages. I know what they are and who they are from. I know that reading these message is basically committing suicide, but I can't help myself. I click on my message icon and stare blankly at the messages in front of me.

Ana Corbec : Why are you still alive ? Haven't you had enough ? You've got nerve kid. Just kill yourself , I mean, it's not like anyone will even notice.😒

Josef Moran : You think you're so tough huh ? I bet you I can knock all your teeth out with just one punch ! You are so damn annoying. We don't like seeing your stupid face at school. It's already bad enough that you're ugly.😏

Chutni Rose : Bitch ! I hope you're ready for more pain and suffering this year.👌

Jared King : Hey slut, I was texting you to make sure you didn't kill yourself over summer break. You know that your death has to be my job. I basically ruined your life and that makes me very happy. So,I have to go. You can get back to cutting yourself now.😂😂😂

Reaghan Myers : Did you know that you are literally the ugliest person in school ?😂😂😂

Tianna Russo : Goodnight Athalia. 😔

Alani Scott : Your clothes are so disgusting. What ?!? Are you like...poor or something ?!? Eww 😝

Albany Ross : How many guys did you bang this summer slut ? My guess is 456. 😂

Lana Morgan : STD or STI this summer ? You are gross.

Derrick Forbes: Hey Athalia. We've never spoken before. I've always seen you around school though. So I just wanted to ask you something. How much for 15 minutes ? 😂😂😂

I couldn't even continue reading the messages. My heart broke. Why do I have to go through this. What did I do that was so wrong that I could deserve such a punishment. Oh God. I don't know how much longer I can deal with this. It's so hard. It hurts. How can I survive being in a building where everyone hates me ? I don't even know why. I wish I could tell someone.
There's no point. People have seen me suffer and have always turned a blind eye. So I just learned to deal with it. Deal with every punch. Deal with every kick. Deal with every insult. Deal with everything.

On my own.

Athalia Francis finds pain in every route she takes. She's given up on everything. There's no hope for her. It's not your fault. Trust me, but at the same time it's not hers. She's tried really hard to tell you. You've just never paid attention. Every time you asked her,"What's with the long sleeve ?" Or "What's with all your bracelets ?" And she's replied with, "I'm just cold." Or "It's  just a fashion statement."  Or when you saw her eyes become teary and you would ask, "What's wrong ?" She would always fake a yawn and answer with a simple, "I'm just tired." The truth was always in her eyes. You just never really looked in her eyes, have you ? They would have told you the truth. She's broken, hurt, stressed and suffering. She will not take her own life though. She loves her parents more than anything in the world and she would never want to hurt them. So she just does what she has to do....survive. This girl is always underestimated, but the truth is, she's the strongest person you'll ever meet. She's torn,yet she still has dreams.

She's beautifully broken.

Follow her as she learns that there is something out there for her. Watch her blossom. Watch as she opens her heart.

After all, everything that's broken has another piece. Or in Athalia's case, pieces.