The calm after the storm+ cover

The next morning when we all woke up no one said nothing about brook and I In the same bed together except Andy who questioned me a bit but I explained and he changed from 'I'm gonna kill brook' mode to 'I'm glad he was there to comfort you' mode. Thank god.

The day went by and all the boys went to the studio to rehearse except brook who had cleaning to do in the flat so I stayed with him. I had been kinda keeping my distance all day because I felt a bit embarrassed about last night. I don't think brook was totally convinced that I was ok though, he kept giving me the 'are you ok?' Look when the boys were around but once they left the moment I was dreading the most happened. My mum called. I picked up the phone slowly and answered, not having anything to say to her.

Abi
Mum

Phone call:
"Abi where the hell are you?" My mum shouted through the phone
"Chill I'm at a friends house" I lied
"Fine, I'm just calling to let you know that I think you did the right thing by leaving, it's time for you to grow up" she said sternly
"Me! Grow up? mum for most of my life I was continuously ignored by you and you forbid me to have a social life and no matter how hard I tried I could never impress you!" I argued back

We argued like this backwards and forwards until I told her that I'm not coming back and I am moving out of the house. I ended the conversation station by saying "I'm sorry I failed you but I guess I'm not your problem anymore" before hanging up not giving her time to speak. It hurt me to know that she didn't care that I was moving out and never coming back but oh well it doesn't matter anymore. Brook saw how sad I was and sat in front of me on the couch. "Are you ok? What happened?" He questioned desperately wanting to know why his best friend was so upset. "Just my mother not giving a shit about me" I said staring straight at my phone. He gave me a sympathetic smile and hugged me which warmed my cold body up. He pulled back and rubbed the backs of my hands with his thumbs. " I've learned to be ashamed and of all my scars, runaway they say no one will love you as you are" I quoted the relatable song lyric. " I won't let them break me down to dust I know that there's a place for us, for we are glorious" Brooklyn finished off staring into my soul through my eyes . " abi don't let anyone tell you that you are worthless or don't belong, you are the one of the most special things to ever happen to me ok" he said trying to prove his point. I smiled at him and we chilled on the couch together whilst I thought about what he said and we completely forgot about his chores. Woops.

The boys came back and entered the room one by one each boy having something to say about last night. However Brooklyn shut them up and decided to go to the studio with all of us seeing as I sing as well. I know the boys have just been but they got bored and started kicking around with Charlie forgetting to actually sing.

We arrived there and we did some vocal practice before deciding to do a cover together. As a whole we thought it would be a good idea to bring the roadies back and sing some good old Elvis Presley, also we like singing that song.

We gathered in the recording studio and took turns singing, the boys threw me in the deep end and told me to start the song off. I didn't want to disappoint them so I did exactly that.

Me:
"Wise men say
Only fools rush in
But I can't help falling in love with you"
Jack:
Should I stay?
Would it be a sin
If I can't help falling in love with you?
All:
Like a river flows
Surely to the sea
Darling, so it goes
Some things are meant to be
Take my hand,
Take my whole life, too
For I can't help falling in love with you
Rye and brook:
Like a river flows
Surely to the sea
Darling, so it goes
Some things are meant to be
Andy:
Take my hand,
Take my whole life, too
For I can't help falling in love with you

We ended the song and I got major compliments from the boys which I deeply appreciated seeing as I went my entire life up until now in the shadows without the slightest bit of acknowledgement from my family.

Here's the thing I am extremely close with my cousins so when my mum rang me again today we decided that I would go to the extended family things but on my own and if I have a boyfriend at the time then I'll bring them. I have so many cousins that it's unbeliveable, my auntie had her 5th baby 2 months ago and says she's gonna stop having children but I don't think she's gonna stop until she has a 5-a side football team.

Anyway, we left Charlie to edit the cover and we went to film the video for it. We decided that it would be all the boys flirting with me for the entirety of the video and me liking one person back, of course brook just had to be the perfect man for the job. I swear these boys are trying to kill me.

It got to the end bit where Andy was singing and Brooklyn and I had to kiss. Yes you heard me right,kiss. We stood infront of an open fire on the beach with his jacket wrapped around my shoulders. He turned me to face him and lauded one hand on my cheek and the other on my neck. At this point I was screaming inside but I had to play it cool for the camera so I let him pull me in for a kiss and our lips danced in perfect symphony for a few seconds. Sparks flew through my body like someone had set of a firework in my stomach. I didnt want it to end and I don't thing he did either.

"And..... that's a wrap for today guys!"  Chris shouted to everyone giving them permission to load into the van. Brook gave me a soft smile and held my hand all the way to the van. Us two sat in the back because it was late at night and we were so tired. I fell asleep soon enough on brooks shoulder and that's all I remember from that night...