Chapter 36 | A Night To Remember

Sadly, the end is coming near :(

There should only be 5-10 chapters left before the end of this book including the epilogue.

I do plan on doing some bonus chapters though, would you guys be interested?

Also, please dm me some questions you guys would like to ask the characters! You can ask anyone from Lana to Hailey to Bradley and Lincoln too! I'm thinking of also doing a Q&A between the characters so tell me if you guys are interested as well!

This book may be a stand alone or have a sequel hmm?

Sorry for the late ass update once again!

Please vote, comment, follow, and share!

-Anne

•••

Chapter 36 | A Night To Remember

As the night dwindled down to an end, Grayson and I ate a nice meal that he had packed and had one of his friends set out for us prior to our arrival.

It wasn't the best in all honesty, but Grayson made the pasta and chicken so I took he effort over the quality.

Somehow, we managed to clean up and get ourselves back into the car as we sat there, seats reclined backwards.

"Stay with me tonight Lana." He muttered, holding my hands in his.

The pregnant pause in the air wasn't awkward yet it was filled with tension from waiting for my answer.

Bradley and Lincoln would've been fast asleep right now and I knew my mother would be fine with it as long as I sent a text confirming who I was with.

It wasn't like she was staying up, waiting for me to get home.

Hell, I would be lucky if she even read the message and decided to reply.

My dad wasn't even a suggested problem as he probably wouldn't show up from 'work' a week or  two from now.

'"Okay." I reply, fully knowing what I was agreeing to.

With that, Grayson turned at me and smiled before moving his right hand down to my upper thigh and putting the car into drive.

"Where are we going though?" I questioned, trying to break the silence.

Not that it was uncomfortable though.

"We are going to my dad's old college apartment." He replied, smiling at the thought.

"Oh?" I asked, curiosity plaguing my voice.

"Yea," He chuckled, still holding a grasp on me, "He paid the apartment off in full and when he moved into a house with my mom and she became pregnant with me, he signed off my name on it."

"Woah, what a cool kid. Got your own house, I see." I teased, throwing him a slight jab on the side.

"Hey, hey. No violet tendencies here Ms.Dunns. I didn't know you were that type of girl." Gray smirked, almost as if his statement had too different meanings.

I hit him again, doubling over in laughter as his face masked one of fake horror and shock.

"Damn, I got one wild and crazy girlfriend." He mumbled, looking at me worried and in shock.

It wasn't until he returned his gaze to the road ahead of him did we shared a laugh.

A genuine laugh.