Chapter 8

Chapter 8

"I'll drop you home real quick so change, I'm still hoping to get laid if you know what I mean." Hailey bluntly stated. I laughed along with Denni and nodded as she drove down the now quiet neighborhood with the ever so quiet echos of students. Though I didn't prefer their company because of who they were as people, I still tried not to be too obvious about it.

"I mean no not gonna lie if it fits—I'll try it for taste." She added and winked. I scrunched my face up in disgust and she laughed. Hailey agreed to stop before dropping me off to run inside.

Just because I choose not to attend parties often, didn't mean I didn't know how to have fun but it also meant that I couldn't bother to doll up for them.

I opted for a strappy white top and some oversized fit jeans before slipping on a pair of old Jordan Retros that I didn't mind getting dirty.

After all, those parties were known for having god knows what on the floors.

Knowing Hailey, her impatient personality would lead me to just brush my hair out from the ponytail that had left a bump from earlier

Knowing Hailey, her impatient personality would lead me to just brush my hair out from the ponytail that had left a bump from earlier. My lifeless light brown hair was left creased and with my natural waves having no curler to touch up with, I looked rough.

My makeup looked fine but I touched up the liner and mascara a bit, tugging on the false lashes to make sure they could hold on for just a bit more before I could rip them off. I wasn't about to walk into no party looking like a bitch who just ran a marathon in hopes of more makeup money.

"Let's go!" Denni screamed as Hailey hit the gas. It was only a matter of seconds before we flew into gear and headed to the infamous "first win of the season" house party of the year.

I grasped onto the jacket before folding it up neatly over my arm.

I mean if I was going to return the jacket at a party, I might as well look like a boss doing so.

•••

Hailey drove with no directions, making it obvious she frequent the place and as we pulled about a block away, she made it clear that she had been here many times.

Like any party, the music was loud and blaring. Teens hanging out on the lawn and guys by the front door to check for invites and I was right, the floor was absolutely disgusting and sticky.

Similar to a college party, parties that the Clearwater High held often were held with plenty of alcohol and people in attendance.

The girls on the lawn were talking with a group of guys, all holding red solo cups. It was a high school party, what did you expect?

As we made our way up the patio and to the entrance. Immediately, the guys let Hails and Jorden through. I mean, with the revealing clothes they chose; I doubt they would have a problem.