Chapter 3

Chapter 3

"Well, I guess we should do some warmups first," Hailey instructed, taking lead after realizing I existed and that she should probably do something.

"Yup," I replied, tying a knot on the side of my shirt. As of right now, I didn't recall a need to flash the football team with anything.

I started to stretch, already feeling warmed up from the run earlier.

The turf underneath my shoes felt prickly as I reached down to touch it but the familiarity brought me comfort.

"Let's do squats, sprints, sit-ups, and some basic stretches afterward." She suggested, gesturing to the end of the field and back.

I nodded, "3 sets?"

She agreed and the two of us set off. The running wasn't that bad but I was sure I would feel the sit-ups tomorrow.

"Alright," Hailey stopped. "Let's do the squats, 30 per set."

I let out a breath and began counting with her. Immediately, I knew exactly why she chooses to do them last and so many.

All the players had stopped to take a glance or two. Only some attempting to be discreet.

Hailey's blonde locks were shiny and were easily spotted in a crowd. Her hair had highlights in them and with her short 5'4 body, she still managed to show off her curves.

Meanwhile, I choose to stay oblivious to any of the guys who bothered to stare at my brown hair, blue-eyed self. 

"Take 5, I need water," Hailey announced, skipping her way to her bottle. Honestly, I wasn't sure whether she was thirsty from the warmups or just thirsty in general.

The water break was refreshing and by now all the guys had learned to keep their eyes on the ball instead of us after getting yelled at by their coach.

"Hails, can you sub in for fourth-quarter routine tumbles? I got to be snapping some pics for our senior memory book." I asked.

She smiled and joked, "Only if I get more page time."

I shrugged and thanked before warming up my tumbling.

First-quarter was normally her solo tumbles, the second was normally filled with tumbling tricks from both of us, and the third and fourth would be my solo.

My cartwheel was centered and so were my round offs. After doing a couple of back and front handsprings, I switched to my basic split stretches. Split positions were held nicely by the both of us and before I knew it, our coach had called us back in.

"We'll be warming up stunts today so into your stunt groups!" My coach ordered.

I quickly made my way over to Renee, Shelly, and Nathan, "Don't drop me today bitches."

"If I wanted to drop you I would've done it a long time ago." Nathan pointed out, stretching out his arms.

"What stunts do you want to warm up with?" Shelly asked as she adjusted the tape on her wrist.

Shelly and Nathan were honestly the best bases a flyer could ask for. Never had I been dropped to the floor, scratched, or let down by them.

Thank god.

"Let's warm up with a half and then an extension to a full?" I suggested, doing a backbend so that I didn't end up blowing out my back.

They nodded and we got in our positions and began counting.