Chapter 23 - It's Been Written In The Scars On Our Hearts

Start from the beginning

            "Fair enough," Jay said, standing and leaving the set table.

            "Zayn, it'll be okay," Louis said, placing his hand over Zayn's, "Harry will love your cute little presentation,"

            "How can you be so sure?" Zayn asked.

            "I just...I know. Okay? You are the only person who has always cared for him. He can't just completely forget about all that you've done for him because some fucking crazy girl kissed you. Trust me, Harry may not understand everything, but he knows how much you love him. It would be impossible to not see it. Just the way you look at each other, or, simply touch, it's quite amazing actually. I'm slightly jealous. Niall and I...we have something special, don't get me wrong, but it's nothing like you and Harry. With a simple touch, you understand all of Harry's thoughts, and with only a few words he understands yours. It's like...it's like there is some weird connection. I can't even describe it properly." Louis sighed, placing his chin on his hands to rest there.  

            Zayn sighed, letting Louis words sink in, "Thanks, Lou, I needed that,"

            "No problem," Louis smiled, "NOW EVERYONE GET THE HELL IN HERE SO I CAN EAT. I AM HUNGRY."

            Slowly but surely, the rest of the family returned, and they began eating. Zayn's heart was still raw, knowing that Harry was upstairs all alone, but he pushed it out of his mind. Everythign would be okay.

            Tomorrow, when he reminded Harry of everything.

~

            "Ms. Edwards," The elderly looking lady said, walking into Perrie's office.

            "Hello, ma'am," She smiled, "What can I help you with?"

            "Oh," The lady smiled, " Actually, I am here concerning your current staff position here at the department of child services,"

            "What?" Perrie asked, confused.

            "I am Mrs. LaDuke...the boss,"
            "Oh," Perrie said, blush rushing to her cheeks. Sure she knew that name, Mrs. LaDuke, but she had never met her person. This must be important.

            "So, I heard you were on a very scary case in the past few weeks, concerning a certain autistic boy and his brother, Mr. Zayn Malik?" Mrs. LaDuke inquired.

            "Yes, yes of course,"

            "Well, I received a phone call containing some disturbing information,"

            Perrie's heart began to pound. Shit. She had been figured out. This was it, she was losing her job, the job that she loved so much, the only one she had ever known. This job was easy, and of course it had benefits, the beautiful and tortured teenage boys who made her absolutely crazy.

            "You kissed an underage teenage boy who had just lived through hell," Mrs. LaDuke said, folding her hands over her chest angrily, "He had to stand by as his little autistic brother was raped and beaten, and the way you make him feel better is by...kissing him? That is illegal, Ms. Edwards. Now, I am going to have to ask you to collect your things. You will no longer be working to us. And be thankful we are not reporting it to the police. I don't even want to think about what they would do with a person like you,"

            And then elderly Mrs. LaDuke left the office, feeling happy. Perfect.

            Perrie on the other hand was outraged, gathering her things and trying not to cry.

___________________________________________________________