The Quest: Chapter 29

It was a warm spring day in the Woodland Realm as the elves prepared for the wedding. The ceremony and feast would be held outside the king's halls at Legolas's request, although Thranduil persisted it be held inside the throne room.

"The darkness has left these lands ada, we can finally enjoy our home. What better way than your son's wedding day." Legolas remarked. Thranduil found it hard to argue with him, his heart warming at the excitement growing in his son's eyes. A large arch full of white lilies was erected in a clearing in the woods, perfect for the night sky to illuminate the area with its brilliant stars and the soft glow of the moon.

After Tauriel left the night before, Alannah stole glances at her gown multiple times until she finally laid down to sleep. Thankfully her slumber was finally restful for she was awoken by a barrage of elven women coming in to pamper and prepare her for the elaborate ceremony. They soaked her for a couple hours in a large tub filled with fragrant oils and rose petals, filing her nails and combing her hair while she covered her nakedness with the bubbles. After some time, Alannah noticed they didn't seem to care whether she was nude or not and finally gave up trying to remain modest in front of them.

They kept her wine glass full and urged Alannah to take a few bites of food as the day went on, but Alannah could barely manage to bring herself to take but a few small bites of bread

The closer the day drew to evening; the more nervous Alannah grew. Her stomach was filled with knots and butterflies, equally excited and terrified. She had waited for this day for so long and now that it was finally here, Alannah felt it almost surreal. Last autumn she was no more than Gandalf's ward disguised as a man entering Rivendell and now she was preparing to marry Legolas, prince of the Woodland Realm.

"Your gown my lady, it's time to get dressed." One of the elves announced as she pulled out the stunning garment. The remarkable gown was long, made of fine silk that seemed to reflect all light that shone upon it. The straps of the garment hung loosely on Alannah's shoulders, elegantly baring her skin. Details of green leaves cascaded the length as if vines had grown onto it from the forest floor, twirling and wrapping around the flowing fabric and wrapping itself around her waist. The fabric was cool as it glided over Alannah's skin, flowing around her curves flawlessly. The elven women gasped, smiling as they gathered around to admire her.