The Quest: Chapter 28

Start from the beginning

"You know what to do with it. Bring it back to me when it is finished." Thranduil commanded before closing the door to his chambers.

~

"You've barely eaten anything." Legolas remarked. Alannah sat her fork down, not noticing she had been pushing her food around on her plate. The evening was unseasonably warm as they dined on Legolas's balcony, overlooking the waterfall. Since the king made his announcement, Alannah had been overloaded with questions from the many elves concerning her many different choices for the wedding. It was somewhat overwhelming, but she knew it was not their intent. She knew it was a time she should be most excited but still, her painful memories were jarred in her mind. Although she couldn't help it, she felt shame and embarrassment about what she showed to King Thranduil.

"Is it about what transpired earlier?" Legolas asked as he moved his chair to sit beside her. Alannah nodded her head, her eyes looking downward to avoid his glance. Legolas grasped her hand and urged her to look at him.

"It's over now meleth nin. I'm sure it is difficult but do not forget I am here. I wish for you to be joyous during this time. You must relax." Legolas gently pushed her hair away from her shoulders and began to rub the tension between her shoulders. He could sense the stress mounting on her when suddenly one of the elves entered his room and walked out onto the balcony.

"My Lord, my Lady." He addressed them as he bowed. "Lady Alannah which fabric would you prefer for your gown? Also, which of these would you prefer for the ceremony?" The elf extended his arm to his side as several more elves walked in holding various white fabrics as well as beautifully crafted diadems. Alannah looked over at them before looking up at Legolas. Under his hands he could feel her muscles tensing up after he had worked hard to relax them.

"Must you interrupt her dinner for this? From here on out if there are any questions either see me or my father." Legolas commanded. The elves bowed as Alannah quickly made her selections. Legolas led her back inside his room and made her lay on the bed before quickly moving to lock his door.

"Thank you. I just didn't realize there would be so much to this." Alannah confessed as she relaxed onto the plush bed. Legolas smirked as he walked over to her.

"I was beginning to worry you were changing your mind." Legolas whispered as he planted a soft kiss on her shoulder. She melted into the pillows as he continued massaging her back, the stress from the day seemingly melting away beneath the warmth of his fingertips.

"Never." She grumbled as she buried her face into the pillow. Alannah grew quiet as Legolas began to hum softly to her, causing her eyes to grow heavy. The soft sounds of the waterfall melded with the gentle brushing of the trees as the wind swayed them gently, welcoming a peaceful night to Mirkwood.

"Tonight is the last night we'll see each other until our wedding day." Legolas whispered, his lips barely grazing Alannah's ear. She quickly sat up in bed, her eyes full of concern.

"Why? I don't know what to do around here without you." She moaned, leaning into his shoulder. He chuckled as he leaned his head on hers, wrapping his arm around her waist as they sat on the bed.

"You can do anything you want meleth nin. Explore the halls, or even better the forest. The guards will accompany if you don't wish to go alone." Legolas kissed her cheek gently before taking in the sweet scent of her hair. He sighed, feeling a sort of comfort in the way she always seemed to smell of lilies and parchment. He moved her hair back from her shoulders and began to kiss her soft skin. Alannah leaned into his lips, a soft hum escaping her lips as his quickly found their way to hers. He wrapped his arms around her as they lay back on the bed, before looking over his shoulder at the locked door. Alannah ran her fingers through his hair to loosen his braids. He continued in his efforts, brushing his lips along her chest and sliding his hand along her inner thigh. She gasped beneath his touch as it incited her arousal for him. He leaned his weight onto her, for a moment forgetting her body was still sore from her recollection of the assault in the throne room. Alannah felt his firmness in his pants and quickly put her hand on his chest to slow him down.