Part Twenty-Three.

Upon waking up, I was surprised at how dark it was in the room.
I remembered quickly that I was in Matty's bed after our night and the blackout curtains were closed.
Suddenly, my senses began to receive the scent of pancakes..? Hash-browns or potatoes or something?
"Baby, my beautiful baby... the love of my life." Matty's voice rings out at a decent volume through the hallway.
I sit up and rub my eyes, watching his figure enter the room.
I run my fingers through my hair, "Hi."
"Hi, love. I made you breakfast." He tells me, bringing me a plate and a cup of coffee.
It looked pretty beautiful to be quite honest.
Two blueberry pancakes next to shredded hash-browns and sliced bell peppers topped with the perfect amount of ketchup.
"No way. This is so sweet I could cry. You remember my favorite somehow, too!?" I say, carefully taking the plate from him.
He laughs, "I remember our times stopping at a cafe early in the morning and eating breakfast together. I know how much you like pancakes and I remember how you like your potatoes."
"Aww, babe.. thank you so much." I thank him, taking a forkful of hash browns and showing it into my mouth.
He smiles and kisses my forehead before walking around the bed and joining me.
He lays down and stares at the ceiling while I eat and I can't help but repeatedly glance at him for two reasons.
1.) He's stunning to look at.
2.) I can tell something is on his mind.
"What's going on in that head of yours?" I ask, taking another bite of food.
He sighs, "I just worry I'm not doing enough."
"Why do you say that? You've done so much over the past couple months and now you've invited me to live with you.. I'd say that's a lot. Not to mention your work on your music.." I remind him.
He nods and blinks rapidly, processing my words.
"Let's go on an adventure today, hm?" He offers.
I grin and furrow my eyebrows, "What's gotten in to you? I'd say you've already won the boyfriend of the century award."
He grins in response.
I finish up my food as he presses a kiss to my temple, going back downstairs.
I see him pull out a pack of cigarettes from his back pocket and frown slightly, I didn't support him on that. I knew how bad it was for him and I was not in control of his life but as his girlfriend and for him being a singer it was important to be healthy.
I'd spent too many nights scrolling through Twitter and Instagram comments about him, about me.. about us.
Some of them were positive but sadly a lot of them were very negative.
I didn't know how to feel about it.
I mean, they didn't know me.. they've never met me. Are they judging me out of looks alone.. or jealousy because I'm with the person they adore?
It wasn't wrong or controlling of me to care about my boyfriend's health.. although I didn't know if mentioning something to him would be a good idea.
I get out of bed and tie my hair in a braid before brushing my teeth.
I then pick up my empty dishes and bring them back downstairs, deciding on doing the small amount of dishes in the sink from his breakfast preparation.
I hear the front door shut and beep, making his presence known.
I hum to myself as he enters the kitchen, sloppily tossing his curls and approaching me.
He slightly presses the front of him against the back of me, wrapping his arms around my waist.
I smile as he kisses my neck.
"I'm trying to focus on chores, sir." I say, teasingly.
He chuckles, "Sir? Cute."
Suddenly he spins me around and kisses me softly, he tastes of cigarettes and coffee but I don't mind it.

I don't mind it at all.

_______________
sorry this is a short chapter,, i cut it short but will continue to plot in the next chapter ;-; i'm so so sorry for lack of updating as well. major writer's block.
thank you for being patient and thank you so much for 2.5k+ reads!!!!!! omg!!!
i hope you're doing well.
much love.

- adrianna