I'm Going to Tell Him I Have a Big Fat Crush on Him

Chapter 16

[I'm Going to Tell Him I Have a Big Fat Crush on Him]

The last interaction close to a  relationship I've ever had was the summer before ninth grade at overnight summer camp. His name was Jesse, and we bonded over our hatred of our camp in the middle of the wilderness. We held hands at the camp dance, and rested our heads on each others shoulders by the lakeside. After seven days we parted ways. I tried to maintain contact with him, but when your only connection is a week at summer camp, there's not much to hold onto.

I've pretty much stayed to myself and stuck with Bree my whole high school career. I've had a few crushes throughout high school, but not on any boys who even knew my name. Dean is so different though. I talk to him and he knows so much more than my name. He knows my story, he knows about the things in my life that my family keeps hidden. And that's why I'm about to take a huge risk. 

My hands are shaking as I dial the 10 numbers of Dean's cell phone number. I can't believe I'm doing this. I'm going to tell him I have a big fat crush on him. The phone rings and rings until I reach Dean's voicemail. I am in a trance and I don't even notice as words slip out of my mouth. 

"Hey Dean, it's Kat, I just need to tell you something important in person. I'll be at the Riverton Diner at 3 this afternoon if you want to meet me there."

Dammit. The whole point of me calling him was to avoid physical confrontations about my feelings. Now I am going to do the exact opposite. Maybe I should just not show up and save my own skin. But what good what that be when my feelings would still remain after ditching him. 45 minutes pass, and I come to the conclusion to just screw my pride and go to the diner.

I got to the diner ten minutes early. Driving to the diner was a combination of a personal pep talk and prepping what I'm going to say to him. From the car ride, I know that this is going to be a disaster.

My heart speeds up when I see Dean enter the diner. His hair shines in the sunlight. He smiles and waves to me. My heart melts as I wave back. What the hell am I going to do when he rejects me? Dean sits across me and smiles. 

"What's up Kathy?" God I love when he calls me that.

"I've been thinking about this for a while but I haven't really known how to bring it up to you," I start, trying not to stutter. "I'm scared how you'll react to this."

"Kat, you know me. You can tell me anything." Dean says as I look into his eyes.

"Well, I kinda like, I mean your are, well-"

"Wait Kat." Dean starts and looks me in the eye and starts leaning toward me from across the table. My stomach starts to explode. 

He kisses me.

~~~~

Authors Note: 

 Hey sorry for the short chapter, but its what you all wanted right? And my apologies for not updating for months haha whoopsies