I Just Can't Believe You Did This

[Chapter 13]
I Just Can't Believe You Did This

"I am sorry in advance for any injuries you may receive from the journey from this door to my room," Dean says as he opens the door to his house. I am about to ask why, when I see his sister coming down the stairs screaming. Dean makes a face and shudders. Was she waiting for him to arrive?

"You brought a girl to our house?" His sister squeals.

"It's not like I've never brought a girl to our house before Haley," Dean says as he leads us upstairs, trying to get away from his sister as soon as possible.

"Yeah, but I didn't like them, so they don't count," My stomach drops and I suddenly feel uncomfortable. "Is she nice?" Dean's sister asks him, referring to me.

"I don't know, ask her," Dean answers, obviously trying to brush off Haley's question. Before Haley can ask me, I decide to speak up.

"Hi Haley, I'm Kat," I say, trying to not to be awkward. "I'm going to speak for your brother and just say that I'm nice." I say. Haley laughs.

"Look Dean! I've only known her for one minute and I already like her better than Jess." Haley says, excitedly, trying to taunt Dean. Dean rolls his eyes. We approach the door to Dean's room, and Haley is still following us. Dean opens the door, and quickly says goodnight to Haley before slamming the door in Haley's face.

"Have fun in there! Don't keep the whole house awake tonight!" Haley laughs and walks away. I blush, even though I know nothing will happen. Dean sighs at his sister.

"Sorry about her. What can you expect from a 13 year old girl, right?" He says.

"You do realize that I was once a 13 year old girl." I say, "and your sister seems really sweet. I don't understand why you warned me of injury when she never touched me once." I laugh.

"Better to be safe then sorry I guess." He says. "It's around 10, do you just wanna get to sleep?" He asks.

"Sure," I say, "but would you mind if I borrowed something of yours to wear for the night? I don't think I can wear this dress to sleep," I say, motioning to the dress that still hung from my body. Dean nods, and searches through his closet for something for me to wear. He finds something, and hands it to me. I blush, and mumble a thanks. He shows me where the bathroom is, and I quickly get changed. I open the door to Dean's room, and I immediately feel uncomfortable wearing his clothes as he looks at me. I avert his gaze as he looks at me, not knowing how to handle this type of situation.

"I can sleep on the floor," I volunteer, not wanting to be a rude guest. He was giving me a place to stay after all.

"No, you'll be on the bed Kathy," Dean says sternly, bringing my nickname back.

"But you're letting me stay over tonight! The least I can do let you sleep in your own bed!" I cry out.

"You are the guest. Therefore, you have to sleep in the bed." Dean says, making it clear he did not want to negotiate.

"How about we share it then?" I ask. He raises his eyebrows, and I immediately regret the words that came out of my mouth.

"If you wanted me to get in your pants, then all you had to do was ask." Dean says with a smirk on his face. I blush yet again.