So How is Your Hottie With A Body?

[Chapter 10]
So How is Your Hottie With A Body?

"You chose Dean over me?" Bree cries about thirty seconds after I told her I talked to Dean about my family.

"Bree, I called you three times, and even left a message before I called Dean to come over!" I say.

"You could have just walked over to my house, knocked on the door, and talked to me!"

"I'm sorry okay!" I sigh, not know knowing what else to say to her. It's Monday morning, and I haven't spoken to her once this weekend.

I know she is not really that mad, I can hear the playful tone in her voice. In about 30 seconds, she'll be asking about the details of Dean's visit.

3-2-1...

"So how is your hottie with a body?" Bree asks happily, like we didn't just argue less than a minute ago. This is what I love about my best friend.

"He's not my 'Hottie with a body,' and he's fine," I say casually, because I know if I say it happily Bree will assume I'm in love with him.

"Just fine huh Kat? Is there anything else you should tell me before I go up to Dean today and ask him?"

"No Bree, I swear! You don't need to go up to him! If anything did happen, I would have told you!" I say truthfully, but then remember something. "Well, he did see my boobs."

"What!" Bree shouts. "You literally just said nothing happened and now you just dropped this atomic bomb of news on me!"

"I forgot! And it isn't what you think! He saw me in my pajamas without my bra on."

"You almost gave me a heart attack Kat! Goodness gracious!" Bree says and laughs. The bell rings, and Bree and I speed walk to second period, the class with cranky Mrs. Lawson. I swear that lady is always on her period. Bree and I rush to get to class since Mrs. Lawson hates tardiness. We are the first students to arrive at class, so we take our seats.

"Why are you two so early?" Mrs. Lawson inquires.

"Uhh we just wanted to make sure we weren't late." Bree says shakily, visibly nervous.

"What time does this class start Ms. Cooper?" She asks me, and I feel paralyzed with fear.

"9:45 m'am," I respond quickly.

"And what time is it now, Mrs. Taylors?" She asks Bree.

"9:42," Bree mumbles.

"Both of you, leave my classroom right now and wait outside for those 3 minutes until class actually starts." Mrs. Lawson snaps. Bree and I grudgingly walk to the hall. You can't win for losing with that lady.

We sit, and lean our backs on the lockers, getting a few minutes of relaxing before the demons of Mrs. Lawson's second period class eat us alive. Dean walks by, with his backpack leaning on one shoulder.

"Hey ladies," Dean says flirtatiously and is about to open the door of Mrs. Lawson's class when Bree and I scream-"Stop!"

Dean gives us a confused look.

"Look, I don't want to go in this class as much as you don't, but if I skip one more of her classes that bitch is going to make me repeat senior year."

"Suit yourself." I say, knowing that it's still only 9:44. Twenty seconds later, the door to Mrs. Lawson's room opens once again, and out comes Dean.

"That bitch must have a stick up her ass," Dean mumbles and walks away.

~~~~

During 6th period, Dean and I were called down to the office. We weren't told why we were going to the office, only that it was important. I was nervous, wondering what I did wrong. Dean on the other hand couldn't give two shits. He has been to the principals office so many times that they are probably on first name basis. We sat outside the office, waiting for the principal to call us in.

"Just as a warning, Phil is going to call you sweetie and offer you a lot of candy." Dean says nonchalantly.

"Who is Phil?" I ask.

"The principal. Duh Kathy."

"The principal is ready to see you now." The secretary says, and we head into the room.

"Well hello there sweetie!" The principal says to me, and then notices Dean. "Oh, and hello Mr. O'Connell."

I nod a hello to the principal, and Dean just rolls his eyes at him.

"So, I know that the both of you have signed up for every activity for the fundraiser. Not many other people volunteered." The principal says.

"Yeah, and?" Dean says impatiently.

"Don't be sharp with me young man," The principal snaps. "As I was saying, there is a car wash this weekend for the fundraiser, and the school has planned the event. We just need two things done from you two."

"We need you two to find volunteers to wash cars, and find people who want their cars washed." The principal says.

"Is that all you called us down for? You could have just emailed us instead of wasting our time!" Dean says and rolls his eyes. Someone's in a pissy mood today.

"Well, do you want a piece of candy then? Will that make you feel like this meeting was worth it?" The principal asks.

"No, that candy tastes like shit," Dean says. The principal doesn't even bother to reprimand him. "I'm outta here," Dean says and walks away. The principal and I are left alone in the room.

"Well sweetie, do you want some candy then?"

~~~~

I told Dean I would find customers. I left him the responsibility of finding volunteers. I figured since Dean thought I was a freshman before he met me, then a lot of other people in my school wouldn't recognize me either, or care to listen to me. If he doesn't do it then it's on him. Just because we're 'friends' doesn't mean that I'm about to do all the work.

By the end of the week I had set up signs all around town about the car wash. Dean had yet to start his job, and the car wash is on Saturday. By the end of the school day of Friday, I had lost hope in Dean finding volunteers for the car wash. The afternoon announcements turned on, and it just reminded me of the responsibilities that Dean abandoned. But then instead of hearing the principals voice on the speaker system, the sound of Dean's deep voice came out of the speaker.

"Good afternoon Riverton High School! I hope none of you guys have plans this weekend! Why? Because you need to get your lazy asses of the couch and volunteer at the car wash to help a local family in need get enough money to pay for a surgery! Half of this school has nothing better to do with their lives, so just do it okay? Be there tomorrow at 10:00 AM or be square.

Dean hung up the speaker, and the whole class started laughing. I don't know why they were laughing because he just singlehandedly insulted most of the school in less than a minute. But he got the job done, and that's the only thing that matters right now.

AN: hello! I'm back! Hope you enjoyed this chapter!