Razzel's Crush...

(Razzel is fourteen and it is caught up to present time, so it's 2014)

Razzel has been coming home everyday talking about this new friend of hers, but she won't say the name or whether it's a boy or girl.

Pete's been anxious to know. "So who's this friend of yours?" he asked one night at dinner.

She looked at him. "Hmm? Oh... no one... just a friend..." she blushed as she looked down and started playing with her food.

Who ever it is, she must really like them.

"You never told us if it was a boy or girl." he pressed.

"They're no one, Panda... trust me." she insisted. Then she looked at me. "Dinner was amazing!" she gushed standing.

"Uh... thanks?" I was confused.

"But can I... uh... be excused?"

I nodded and frowned. "Everything okay, honey?"

She nodded. "Of course! I just... I'm not hungry. I think Imma call it a night." she gave us both a hug and walked off to her room.

-Pete.POV-

She definitely has a crush on this "Friend" of hers. They must be something.

As I walked past Razzel's room, I heard her talking in a whisper.

She giggled. "I know... Haha... Yeah... No, I love you!... AWWW! you're too sweet!... hehe!"

I opened the door and her eyes widened. "Hey, I got to go." she said quickly. And she hung up.

"Who was that?" I asked.

"My friend." she avoided eye contact.

I narrowed my gaze. "What was this about "I love you!"?" I asked, leaning against the door frame.

"I say that to all my friends." She said quickly.

"Not like that. Razzel, who was that?"

She sighed in defeat. "My boyfriend Jason."
"Boyfriend!?" I asked.

She nodded. "I knew you'd react like this..."

"YOU KNEW! I'm reacting this way because you didn't tell us and I never said you could date yet."

"Its just been a couple... months."

I sighed.

"What's wrong?" Patrick walked in.

"Razzel has a boyfriend."

He looked taken aback. "Really? Who is it?" he sounded really excited.

"We did not talk about this and I'm not happy about this!" I said.

Patrick rolled his eyes. "Please, Pete. Don't be so hard. Its her first Boyfriend!"

"That we know of!"

Patrick walked over to me and hooked his fingers in my belt loops. He kissed me. "Cut her some slack. Its like you and I..." he smirked.

"EWW, GUYS, REALLY!? IN MY ROOM! UGH!" Razzel shielded her eyes.

Patrick and I laughed. "You wanna go over to Joe's for the night?" I asked.

She nodded. "Anything to get away from here."

Patrick pushed me out of the room as Razzel started to pack.