The CreepTard at The Park

"Oh, my poor granddaughter!" my mother cried, hugging Razzel to her chest.

Razzel didn't do anything. Just continued to play with her Barbie doll.

"Mom, she's fine. We're doing all we can right now." I assured her.

My mother shook her head. "I'm going to take her to the park. Would you two care to join?"

I looked at Patrick with a smirk. "No... you guys have fun. Why don't you take Hemingway as well?" I asked, handing the leash to Razzel.

Her eyes lit up and she ran off up the stairs. "Hemingway! C'mere, boy!"

-After.Razzel.and.Mrs.Wentz.Left.-

"We shoulda gone with them." Patrick said as I hovered above him.

I sighed. "She's fine... I believe so... you should to, because Beleivers Never Die." I leaned into his neck and turned my head, kissing the side of it.

He chuckled. "All Right."

-Thirty.Minutes.Later.-

"More, Pete..." Patrick moaned.
RING RING...

We sighed at the same time as I got out of bed and answered the phone. "Hello?"

"Petey, oh you have the loveliest friends!" my mother cried.

"Who'd you see?" I asked, laying down next to Patrick, who instantly wrapped himself around me.

"A man named Harry." she beamed.

I looked at Patrick. "We don't know anyone named Harry." I said.

Patrick sat up.

"Oh, but he seems to know you. And he absolutely adores Razzel... I mean, can you blame him though?"

"Mother... please tell me you're still with Razzel." I said quickly.

"Of course, dear... I didn't know Harry we'll enough to just let him take her home, even though he offered. She did seem a little, scared though."

I sighed in relief. "Come home, now..."

"Is everything okay, Peter?" she asked.

"Mom... is Razzel right next to you?" I asked.

"Yes... she's sitting on the bench."

"Mother, we need you to bring her home right now. We'll explain if Razzel doesn't in the car."

"Okay." The line went dead and I looked at Patrick.

"I told you we should have gone." he said, getting out of bed and throwing clothes on.

"What happened to believing?" I asked.

"I stopped that when that CreepTard at the park offered to take Razzel home. We're going to do something about this, Pete." He said

throwing clothes at me.

"I know we are." I said, standing up. "But what can we do right this minute? We have no proof it's actually him...." I said.

"We have Razzel! She witnessed it! She saw him!" Patrick motioned to the bedroom door.

"Do you really think the courts going to believe a nine year old girl who saw her parents getting murdered at age four?" I asked. "I know she's telling the truth... but they won't..." I said.

"Its worth a shot. I thought you wanted her to be happy. To be safe... To not fear anything!" he.shot back.

"I do..." I retorted.

"Then prove it!" He spun around and marched down the stairs.

"Why are we going to waste our time on people who won't believe us?" I followed after him.

"Because it's the only way to keep our little girl safe!" Patrick called. "The least we can do is get a restraining order!"

"And what happens after that? Do you really think that's going to stop him from doing anything to her?"

Patrick turned to face me. "If he does anything... That order will insure he gets imprisoned."

"But what if he kills her, Trick? That's my point. If he kills her, we know that he's still alive while our daughters six feet under... Is that fair to you, Patrick?"

He looked down and avoided eye contact.

"'Cause it sure the hell isn't fair to me!"