Razzel's New Home

"Ooh! What's this?... OOH! LOOK AT THIS!... What's that mean?" Razzel ran throughout the house and looked at everything... and when I say everything... I mean... EVERYTHING.

I looked at Pete nervously as she walked up the stairs and headed towards our room.

He returned the nervous glance and chased after her.

I heard a squeal then laughter as Pete scooped Razzel up in his arms. "No, ya don't." Pete heaved as he carried her down the hall to her room.

I walked in behind them. "This will be your room." I said.

Razzel beamed, but then her smile faded. "Where's the furniture?" she asked.

"We'll go shopping for it tomorrow." Pete said, walked back out and down the stairs.

Razzel played with his fringe as he carried her down to the couch with me following.

"You'll be sleeping here for tonight." he said, setting her down on the sofa.

"You look like a girl." she laughed.

He feigned hurt. "I look like a girl? Well you look like a girl!" he shot back.

"I am a girl!" Razzel crossed her arms over her chest and stared at him pointedly. "But you're a guy... why do you wear makeup?"

"Because I can!" Pete said.

"No you can't!" Razzel giggled.

"Says who?" Pete got down on his knees so he was level with the girl.

"Me!" she said.

"Oh, you say that? So I have to follow your rules?" he asked.

She nodded, a smug smile on her face.

"I don't think so!" Pete pushed her back and tickled her.

Razzel squealed. "Patrick, help!"

I laughed. "Really, Pete?"

Pete nodded and continued tickling Razzel

Hemingway came stumbling down the stairs and started barking at Pete.

Pete looked at him but continued. "You're supposed to be on my side, dog!"

Razzel pushed Pete away and jumped off the couch. "It's the puppy!" She said, grabbing a dog toy and throwing it for the dog.

"That's Hemingway." Pete said, sitting back on the couch.

"Henimway!" she called.

Pete laughed. "No, Heming..." he sat down next to her and pulled her onto his lap.

"Hemingway?" she asked.

Pete nodded with a smile as I sat down next to them.

The dog ran back with the toy and we played fetch with him for a little while.

-Later.That.Night(Pete.POV)

"Pete?" A soft voice spoke through the darkness.

"Hmm?" I groaned not quite awake yet.

"Pete?" the voice came again.

"What?" I sat up and looked at a sleeping Patrick. I tilted my head in confusion and laid back down thinking it was my imagination.

"Pete..." I felt someone poke my face.

I opened my eyes and deep blue ones stared back at me. "Yes, Razzel?"

"I heard a noise downstairs. I'm scared!" she whispered.

"Monsters don't like seven year olds, go back to sleep." I yawned, rolling over.

"I'm Eight!" she sounded terrified.

Patrick smacked my arm and stood up. "You're a horrible dad." he hissed. "C'mon, sweetheart... monsters aren't real."

I fell asleep.

-Morning-

I woke up to a punch in the cheek. I looked over to see a sleeping Razzel stretching.

I looked over her to see Patrick sleeping soundly with his back to us.

I rolled over and tried to go to sleep, but I ended up getting kicked in the butt. I looked at the time. Five fifty-nine a.m. I sighed and stood up, grabbing my pillow and a couple blankets and walking downstairs. I laid everything out on the couch and laid down myself.

I heard a noise that sounded really creepy. I can't really explain it because I don't know how to, but it was creepy.

Slowly, I headed back upstairs and poked Patrick awake.

"What do you want, Pete?" he grumbled.

"I heard a noise downstairs!" I said.

"Monsters don't like guys in fringes, now go back to sleep." Patrick rolled over and went back to sleep.

Razzel popped her head up and looked at me over Patrick. "They also don't like guys who wear makeup!" she smirked. Then she stood up and walked over to me, taking my hand and we walked down stairs. "There's nothing to be afraid of..." she said.

"Then why were you afraid?" I asked, sounding like a little kid smaller than her.

"Because I didn't know what the noise was... Patrick told me it was just the dog chewing on his bone... it was..." (For those of you who don't know what a dog chewing on a bone sounds like... it's pretty creepy... my parents actually did this... I was sleeping on the couch and I heard that noise and I got freaked out until I saw my dog...)