"Aye" Jr said giving me a glare."I thought we promised not to bring the up". I put my hands up in surrender."my fault big bro"

He laughed as his phone began going off."work calls" he sighed. A light bulb went off in my head."Damn I almost forgot you did tattoos, can you do mine one day?"

He sucked his teeth."how old are you? Like 12 and you asking me for a tattoo".

"C'mon man don't do that, I just want something small..nothing major..yet" I said smiling.

Jr nodded."I got you sis', just let me know and I got you. Come by the shop or sum'"

I nodded and gave him a goodbye hug, making sure I locked the door as he walked out.

Before I went to Courtney's room I stopped by her mom room to say hi, after that I went straight to Courtney room and walked in without knocking.

She was laying down under the cover with headphones in. Her back was facing me and I could her the music playing from her headphones so I knew she didn't know I was inside her room.

I sat down on her bed hearing her sigh."Allyssa what did I tell you about coming in my room without knocking? Damn you do not listen" Courtney said sitting up. Her eyes widened when she seen it was me and she took her headphones out.

"My fault kell, I thought you was Allyssa" she said wiping what looked like tears from her eyes.

I squinted my eyes."First, don't be talking to my Allyssa Pooh like that, second , why the fuck you crying?"

Courtney shook her head and scratched her eyebrow."me and Marcus, we broke up"

My mouth fell agape."huh? When did this happen? " I asked scooting closer to her.

As if that set a trigger she bursted out crying. I wrapped my arms around her and rubbed her back." Go Head bestfriend, Let it all out"

"He said he can't be with me if I can't tell my mom about us" she said between cries. What she was saying was barely audible but I dealt with it.

"that's fucked up court, but I'm not going to sugar coat this, he does have a point I mean y'all been fucking with each other heavy for two years. Not even on and off just y'all, you tell me how much you love him and how your in love with him. And from what you show me he loves you just as much. So he's not wrong for wanting to take y'all relationship to the next level but at the same time he didn't have to say it like that" I said.

She nodded her head."I know, that's why I feel so bad. I miss him so much Kelly and all he wants is to meet my mom. I mean he's already earned the privilege to do that I'm just scared of being judged. You know how my mom is" she sniffled." I can't even talk to my mom about this , and get her advice because she don't even know I'm going through it"

I shook my head as I continued to rub her back."I think you should tell her, keeping this a secret will only make it worse for you in the end. Just get all this over with"

"Thanks bestfriend, I love you so much you always here for me when I need you, since kids man" Courtney sat up and wiped her tears."Isn't the barbecue today?"

I nodded as she quickly hopped out of bed."girl come on, it's almost 5"

I chuckled."honey we gone be late anyways, you know the busses busy on Saturdays. It's cool though cause black people always late"