Chapter 28: Oblivion

Start from the beginning

It was bad, it was a nightmare. I could only stare at him gapingly as I reach up to touch his fur. Tears just spill from my eyes.

"You idiot," I mumble into his fur.

Nathan glides behind me whimpering at the sight of his third, who was shooting both of us a toothy grin trying to play it cool.

I run my hand through the grey fur tainted a thick red, "There must be something I can do," I whispered looking into his grey eyes.

I-I'm sorry Luna, he mind-links me.

I give him a tearful smile, You shouldn't have saved me, that arrow was for me not you. I should be lying on the ground.

You know Nathan would never let that happen and would have slaughtered me if he knew I had a chance to save you.

Nathan is a bozo.

He looks at me with regret and sorrow, Ya know I thought I would have found my mate sooner but I guess this was the Moon Goddess' plans for me.

I glare at him, Screw her. She wrong and you're wrong. You can make it through this and you will find your mate.

He grins weakly, You're an incredible little sister, I couldn't have asked for any less.

"No. No. No!" I grab his fur and shake him, "You will not die on me, Greg!"

I ran my hand through his fur, listening for a heartbeat. 

Thump

Thump

It was small, weak, barely existent but it was there.

Maci's blonde wolf appears beside Greg's weakening figure and shifts. I look at her with pleading eyes and she nods. She knew and she was going to everything to keep him alive. 

Nathan lifts Greg onto his back when I hear it, I hear Peter laughing.

He was clutching his stomach and laughing, "What an idiot! He deserves to die."

He looks up and notices us staring at him, "Oh, sorry no go back to caring for the dead man, continue to ignore me."

He goes right back to laughing.

I scream and charge at him, ripping the earrings out of my ears, all I saw was red. Nathan joins me but I branch off to kill the hunter that was panicking.

I ram my body into the tree easily snapping the trunk like a twig. It was pleasing to hear the decrepit man scream as he fell but it wasn't satisfying. I effortlessly sniff out his scent and find his body, he had a broken arm and leg and his entire rib cage looked shattered. He deserved more than this pain.

I bite down on his head and swing his body into a nearby tree, the crackle of his bones sounded through the forest. I do again and again till he stopped breathing.

Worthless.

I exit the forest covered in the hunter's blood, Nathan and Peter were still fighting. Peter seemed to maneuver around Nathan freely nipping at Nathan. He was playing him, giving him single small shallow wounds when he knew he could kill Nate.

Peter's dead black eyes meet mine and he grins, turning his attention back to Nathan who looked exhausted and bloody. He snickered as he rammed Nate's body into the ground, effectively making him unconscious.

Nathan groaned as Peter stalked closer towards me, I dig my paws into the ground ready to tackle him down.

I shift my eyes to silver but when his obsidian eyes met mine he wasn't paralyzed. He was completely fine he just kept on walking and his growls grew louder. 

I was petrified, nothing could stop him.

Get it together.

Move.

Do something!

Saf's voice pounded in my head, as she begged me to do anything.

So I did.

I let go of my reigns and gave her full control.

Darkness shrouded my mind and vision sending me to the oblivion where I lay curled with my knees in my chest.

I blocked all the sounds of the outside world around me and listened to the screams fade out. I could feel Sapphire struggling to make a move on Peter being hit down every time.

I felt her pain rise through me like hot needled on my skin.

*Crack*

*Snap*

I groan in pain as I feel my rib break. My facade was slowly being torn down, I hiding like a coward while my friends and family were fighting for their lives. I am weak.

Shut the fuck up, I look up to see Sapphire standing in front of me. I gripped my legs harder as I took in her appearance.

Her eyelid was cut, her face was bleeding. Her white fur tinted in pink because of the blood. She walked with a slight limp and sat right in front of me. 

The more she concentrated on her form in her, the more she lost focus out there. She knew that, so why pay any attention to me?

You really need to stop being a petty bitch, you said it yourself. You changed. Why are you going back to your old self?

The weak abused afraid Alyssa. Why?

I don't know, I'm just scared.

And everyone else isn't? Your their Luna, you chose to take on that role, you chose to be apart of this family, now choose to fight for them.

I noticed new cuts form on her side, Peter was probably kicking the shit out of her. I winced at the pain while she gave a slight whimper before gaining composure.

I pulled Sapphire into a hug, resting my head against hers allowing her to transfer me back.

I will be right by your side. Go beat his ass.

----------

*unedited*

Did you guys enjoy that? Well, the series is about to come to an end soon.

So let's see what happens.

Comment, Vote, Follow