Chapter 4

On the side is a picture or Andrew! :D

Doreen stared at her crystal ball as she sat in a chair with a table in front of her.  She was scribbling down notes on a notebook.  Each page was a different person, with a little wallet picture taped on the corner.  The current page showed a stern looking Andrew on the little wallet picture, with his name and details scribbled below.

Andrew Gomez

18 years old

Around 6 feet?  Super tall

Gullible, whines/complains a lot

Abilities shown: Summoning and controlling metal objects

Doreen flipped to the next page, which had a picture of a smiling Melarni.

XXX

“Jazmine!” Christina yelled as the group stood next to the weight training room.  Jazmine was standing several feet away from them with a cellphone to her ear.  “Hurry up!”

“Yeah!” Jazmine yelled back, covering the receiver with her hand.  “So yeah, mom, I have to tutor some people in my science class after school.” A loud voice was heard on the other end, making the girl cringe.  “I know, I know, but it’s for extra credit!” The loud voice responded and the girl sighed.  “Yeah, be home by six, got it.  I’ll talk to you later.” With that, she hung up and walked over to her friends.

“What’d your mom say?” Marissa asked and Jazmine shrugged.

“‘Be home by six’.” Jazmine repeated and the group nodded.

“Don’t worry, the warehouse isn’t that far.” Andrew said in reassurance.  “It’s only like a couple minutes from here.” Jazmine nodded.

“Well, what are we waiting for, a theme song?” Christina asked happily.  “Let’s go!”

With that, the group headed for the parking lot and got in their respective cars; the girls in Christina’s minivan and the guys in Andrew’s mustang.  True to his words, it only took a couple minutes for the group to get to the abandoned warehouse.  Once they got there, a large two story building greeted their sight.

“I don’t know what’s worse, this or the creepy motel we stayed in.” Melarni observed, seeing the large building in front of her.  It was the typical abandoned warehouse type; the creaky almost falling windows, the brown chipped paint, and that one specific window that looked like someone was there staring at you when it was just your imagination.  The warehouse was surrounded by a wheat field that reached around mid-leg.

“Both.” Jazmine said as they got out of the car.

“Well, here’s the warehouse.” Andrew said as they stood in front of the building, the sun’s rays hitting their eyes.

“Have you ever been in here?” Israel asked, blue eyes curious.

“Nope.” Andrew popped his lips.

“Well that’s reassuring…” Marissa muttered with a cross of her arms.

“Well it’s not like there’s a monster in here or something.” Christina remarked.

“Don’t jinx it!” Melarni said.

“Let’s go inside!” Jazmine declared, pushing open the doors.  Upon the sudden force, the doors fell back, creating a storm of dust that greeted their noses and eyes.  She waved a hand in the air while coughing.  “It was the warehouse's fault!"