Chapter 36

Wednesday evening.

The prison guard of Lilac Fields Prison Holdery whistled as he walked down the cells, his hand swinging his flashlight around. He looked into each of the cells, where many of the inmates were either sleeping or doing something. He stopped in front of one cell that carried five inmates together. His lip curled into a sneer.

"Inmate number 845," a tall male with dirty blond hair and dark blue eyes looked up from his sitting position in the corner, "you have a visitor."

XXX

"You have ten minutes until visiting hours are over," the guard notified the pair in the room, "I'll be here." And then he stood in the corner.

"Can you give us some privacy, please?" Trish asked sweetly from her side of the plastic wall. The plastic wall divided half of the room from her and Julian. There were ten holes in the middle of the wall so that they could hear what each other were saying.

"I'll be right outside," the guard said and opened the door, "you have nine minutes." And then he left and closed the door. Julian narrowed his eyes at his cousin, who in turn just smiled sweetly at him.

"You look good in orange." Trish complimented with a smile. Julian's eyes narrowed even more.

"What do you want?" He questioned. She shrugged.

"I just came to inform you on life," she laughed and gestured to herself, "as you can see, I'm out of the hospital."

"You should've entered the mental asylum instead."

"Aww, Juls," she cooed, "don't be like that." She smirked. "I'm gonna change this world, Juls, and no one will stop me." She laughed. "Not you, not the kids, no one." She gestured to the metal collar around his neck. "That's really making a fashion statement right, y'know?"

"Trish," he seethed, "what the hell are you planning, you nutcase?" She just grinned.

"I'm gonna make America a better place," she said and stood up from her chair, "just you wait." She waved and walked towards the door. Julian's eyes widened at the realization as he stood up from his chair. "Ciao, Juls."

"Trish!" His voice echoed down the halls as the brunette closed the door.

Thursday afternoon.

The football field of Mayview High School had never looked more huge or celebratory. Today was graduation, and everyone was setting up the chairs for the senior graduates as well as the chairs. All of the family members of the graduates were already fighting over who could sit where in the humongous bleachers while the graduates themselves were heading over to the gym to get ready and wait for the ceremony to start. There was a significant amount of chairs on the field.

"This is so exciting!" Melarni bubbled as she danced around the gym, her navy blue graduation gown unzipped and billowing in the wind, revealing her dress underneath.

"Stop prancing around!" Jazmine called out from the bleachers, her hands trying to pin her matching navy blue cap in place. "You might tr – uy..." She chuckled when she saw the shapeshifter trip and barely caught herself.

"Ow..." The auburn haired girl muttered sadly and sat on the floor, rubbing her ankle.

"I told you not to wear those," Marissa chastised and walked over, deciding to help the phaser with her cap, "now look what happened."

"But they're so cute!" She whined as Christina helped her up.

"I have some flats if you're interested," the telepath laughed and helped her walk over to the bleachers, "I think they're in my bag."