Chapter 15 Part One

"So..." Melarni started as she gazed at the green colored Gatorade sitting on top of the table in front of her, "this could either kill me or give me new powers, right?"

The girls - Melarni, Jazmine, Christina, Marissa, and surprisingly Doreen - were at Melarni's house the next day. It was around noon, and since all of their schedules were open, they decided to go to Melarni's house to talk and give her the serum. Her parents both being out of the house until Tuesday was also a big bonus, but how they thought Melarni could handle that, Melarni herself didn't know.

"Pretty much," Marissa waved dismissively, "but don't worry; you took it before, and you survived, so this won't kill you."

"And this can either enhance my powers or give me new ones, right?" The shapeshifter turned to Doreen, who nodded.

"Nothing's happened so far to the others," Doreen said, "so it'll take some time."

"But it took us only a night for the effects to kick in." Christina commented when Melarni started to uncap her drink and take a swig from it.

"The Metamorphosis process," Doreen corrected with a hum, "but if anything, the process should be shorter this time since your system is already familiar with it.

"What I wanna know," the shapeshifter burped and pointed to Doreen, "is why you're here, no offense."

"None taken..." Doreen raised an eyebrow.

"What I mean is," the ombre haired girl amended, "is that I hardly see you leave that warehouse, so you being here is..." she grinned. "Is pretty cool."

"Someone's warming up to me." Doreen grinned and nudged the girl who rolled her eyes.

"Don't expect anything more." Melarni chuckled.

"By the way..." Jazmine put her elbows on her knees and rested her head on her hands. She was leaning towards Melarni and had a cheeky grin. Melarni didn't like that look; she knew what was coming and rolled her eyes. "How was your rehearsal thing with Ivan yesterday?" She wiggled her eyebrows and the shapeshifter threw a sofa cushion at her. "Ow!" She giggled as the soft material thumped her head.

"Nothing happened," Melarni deadpanned, "in case you were wondering." The phaser chucked the cushion back at her but she dodged it. She'll just pick it up later. Good thing her mom wasn't there because if she was, she would've yelled at her for letting it touch the floor.

"Really?" Christina smirked. "Because that's not what I'm getting." Melarni's eyes widened in horror.

"Did you just...?!"

"She's been doing it a lot lately," Marissa waved off and smirked at Melarni, "so, tell us."

"Since when were you into gossip?" Jazmine asked and the elemental shrugged.

"Just curious."

"Okay, okay," Melarni sighed defeatedly, "we went to his dad's café yesterday."

"His dad owns a café?" The phaser grinned. "Is the coffee good? Do they have boba?"

"The coffee is amazing," heart eyes appeared in the shapeshifter's brown orbs but then she pouted, "but I don't think they have boba." Jazmine frowned.

"What songs did you guys practice?" Christina asked.

"Wait," Marissa cut in, "how's your stage fright though? You still get them, right?" Melarni nodded slowly.

"Actually..." she started. "There's an Open Mic Night at the café tonight..." The atmosphere was silent as they waited for her to continue. "And Ivan wants... me to perform his new song." The silence was broken five seconds later when the information was registered in the girls' minds.