All Time Low-Don't Take The Only Thing I Live For Away From Me Chapter 10

Start from the beginning

"Vaila, please just listen to me! They took their time getting you out since you were seriously distressed. You sounded like you were in so much pain, all we could hear was you screaming for us. I tried to get up since I was sitting in the back of the ambulance but my legs gave way and I ended up lying next to Jack on a bed. Jack was unconscious after he crawled out, and Lisa was getting treatment in a different ambulance. We did try to get up but once the fire had been put out and you were safely out, they rushed you off before I could get to you. I'm sorry," Alex had lent over my bed with one hand resting on the bed on either side of my legs. His locked elbows showed the inside of his arm that had a small tattoo and a few bands covered his wrists. On the brink of tears, Alex let his head hang in shame, the corners of his mouth fell too. A sigh escaped my lips as I held my arms open, Alex's eyes darted towards me at my sudden, stiff movement.

"Come on, just hug me! I don't hug a lot of people so think of it as a peace sign," Jack stared wide eyed at me as Alex's mature smile spread across his face, lighting up his features. Both of them wrapped their arms around my frail body, their chins resting on either shoulder. A hot breath warmed my back, causing a shiver to involuntarily run down my spine.

As they pulled back Jack broke into a proud grin, giving himself away as the culprit. Alex's head shot to him, his lips turned down in a confused frown.

"Are you cold? Do you want an extra blanket? I'm sure we can get one if all the doctors in this hospital aren't scared of Rosie." We all looked out of the only window in the room, Rosie lent against the glass, her arms folded as she made small talk with Zack and Rian who were pushed up against the wall across from her. Their grins faded a little into almost invisible smiles when they saw us watching them. They had cottoned on to the fact that our conversation had turned to the topic of them. My cheeks heated up as I looked back at Alex.

"I'm fine, both of you were so warm compared to me, that's all," my shoulder stiffly shrugged as my white lie slipped off my tongue. I've gotten better at telling lies since all my life I've been asked if I'm ok, if I'm coping? For the sake of Noela, my replies always have to be fibs because I don't open up about my home life much. I don't exactly know why I shared my story with Alex and Jack, I felt like I had nothing to lose with them judging me on my past since they would find out sooner or later from one of the girls. An underlying feeling of trust seemed to be in order which is why I phoned Jack that one drunken night, why I felt safe in his house under the watchful eyes of his peers, why I let Jack drive me to the studio.

"Are you sure? I mean, maybe we should get you something just in case you have to stay in here for a few more nights," Jack suggested, backing up Alex, whose eyes skimmed over the baby blue hospital overall that covered my body, concentrating on my arms which were hidden up until my elbows. I turned my wrists down into the bed sheets and away from prying eyes. Alex never let on that he knew about my problem, there wasn't a knowing glance, a confused look or an upset frown, nothing. That's the way I intended to keep it, what they don't know cant hurt them.

"I doubt that will be necessary, Mr. Barakat. Miss Hart can leaving in a few minutes, after we have checked her over," the door swung open and in stepped a short old doctor with grey hair and a clipboard in one hand, he closed the door behind him but I could still see Rosie trying to sneak a peak around the man and inside the room. Mr. Barakat must be Jack, Jack Barakat. Is that his real name? It must be if the doctors calling him that. His second name suited him, in an odd way, just like his The Maine t-shirt that hung closely to his slim frame.

Jack's dress sense was casual, skinny jeans and Vans teamed with a goofy smile that forever lingered on his lips. Where as I was more of a skinny jeans and Converse or Doc. Martens type of girl, rarely have I left the house wearing anything but a band t-shirt usually with my black wayfarers and a guitar strapped to my back.