Chapter 4

Jessi's Pov

I woke up from, in my opinion, the best sleep ever. I stretch my arms and my back cracks. My eyes flutter open and I look around. I scan the room, wait, this isn't my room. I look around trying to gather where I am. After a minute it all clicks into place. I am at Luke Borden's house. I remember him taking me over and then falling asleep at the beginning of the movie. I glance over to see the T.V. on and Luke sitting on the couch. Damn, this room is big. I try to gracefully get up. I end up tangled in the sheets and fall to the ground with a loud thud. He turns around and laughs at the sight. I send him a glare and he comes over to help me up.

"I was wondering when you were going to wake up." His chest rumbles as he sets me back on the bed.

"What time is it?" I ask, trying to rub the sleep out of my eyes.

"It's about," he looks down at his watch "8pm."

"CRAP!" I sat up so fast I could've got whiplash.

"Don't worry, it's Friday night. We don't have school tomorrow." he chuckled. I sighed in relief. I lean back on the bed.

——

Luke's Pov

A goofy grin appears on my face. She stares at me and I see her lips twitch up. 'Damn I want to kiss those lips' I think to myself 'SNAP OUT OF IT LUKE!!' I see a hand waving in front of my face. "Luke, HELLO?" Someone knocks on my head. "Anybody in there?" She laughs. I blink my eyes rapidly. She's still laughing.

"Shut up." I lightly pushed her "So were you dreaming about me?"

She sobers immediately and her eyes widen, "W-w-what. N-no!" She stutters. All the blood rushes to her cheeks. I chuckle.

"You're so cute when you blush." I pinch her cheeks. Her cheeks become a deeper shade of red. 'Is it possible for her cheeks to become darker?' I think to myself. A smirk spreads across my face.

"What?!?" She speaks, raising her voice. She scares herself and hides her face. More blood rushes to her cheeks. She looks like a cherry right now. She tries hiding under the sheets but I pull them down.

"Nothing. It's just not everyday that a beautiful sexy girl is in my room." I compliment trying to see how red she can get.

"Are you sure?" She asks surprised. "From the rumors I heard. . ." She stops, not sure if she should continue.

The smirk comes off of my face, I look her directly in the eyes "What rumors?" I ask sternly. I grab her arm and she flinches. Tears start coming from her eyes. Her shaking comes back.

"P-p-p-please d-d-don't h-h-hurt m-me." She stutters out. I see fear strike through her eyes. I let her arm go and she curled into a ball. Pulling the sheets over herself.

I get worried and I pace a bit before sitting on the bed. When I do I can feel her flinch. She moves slightly and the sheet is moved to show part of her face. "Just take deep breaths I say. I won't hurt you, I will never hurt you." I slowly stick my hand out to place it on her back, hoping she relaxes like she did in the classroom. Soon I can feel all the tension in her body release.

"Why would you think I would hit you?" I look deep into her eyes. I can see all the same emotions that my sister had when our bio dad was around. Everything he ever did to us flashes through my memory. When I focus back in I see she is looking at me. After a minute she looks away from me.

"Hey Jessi, look at me again." She glances up then looks down and shakes her head. I gently reach out and put my hand on her face, in some way forcing her to look at me. Her eyes meet mine. There are tears pooling in her eyes and one slips out. I wipe it away with my thumb. "Jessi, can I ask you a question?"