Chapter 2

Jessi's Pov

I wake up with my hair in decent curls, but it is frizzy and I have baby hairs sticking out everywhere. My hands run through my hair in hopes that I can tame it. After my hands got stuck over thirty times I gave up.

"Ugh. I don't want to get up." I yell to myself. I let myself fall back onto my bed and peek over at the clock on my nightstand. 7:25. "You have got to be kidding me!" I scream as I jump out of bed. I quickly throw on some leggings and an oversized sweatshirt. I slip on two mismatching socks and slide my feet into my high tops. I look at the clock again. 7:27. 'Record Time' I do a little cheer for myself, but realize if I don't leave now, I will be late.

My legs carry me out the door and I start to sprint. It is normally a ten minute walk but I have to make it in eight. My legs burn as I haven't done this in a long time. I used to run cross-country at my old school until I was injured. My sports careers were over and we moved to Colorado shortly after. I like it better here though. I have 300 days of sun, and even though the weather is bipolar, I am able to wear shorts all of the time.

I run up to the school doors and push them open. '7:33. Thank goodness.' I pat myself on the back and smell that I forgot to put on deodorant. A groan comes out of my mouth and I trudge to my locker. I pull out my extra stick of deodorant and roll it under my arms. Quickly, I grab my books for first period. I slam my locker shut and make my way to Ms.Vance's class.

I walk in one second before the bell rings. Before I am able to slump in my chair, Ms.Vance clears her throat.

"Ms.Sparks, I believe that you have all day detention today."

"But I thought you were joking!" I exclaim.

"I wasn't and if you aren't out of my class in the next 10 seconds you'll have it on Monday too." She points her hand towards the door and taps her foot. My feet drag me out the door and to the detention class.

——————————————————————————————————

Luke's Pov

I put my feet up on the desk and lean back. My hood is pulled over my head and my eyes are closed. No one else is here besides the teacher and I. The last bell rings and I start to doze off. The door swings open and I let out a groan. 'Damn it, I was hoping I would have this room to myself to nap.' I peek out of my hood to see a girl wearing a familiar sweatshirt.

"Um, excuse me. Is this where I'm supposed to be for detention." She tries to get the teacher's attention, but he waves her off. I let out a chuckle and she turned around. I run my eyes over her before making eye contact. It was the girl from yesterday. I take my legs off the table and sit up. My eyes rake up and down her outfit, smirking when I see she is wearing my sweatshirt. I prop my head up on my hands.

"Nice jacket." I smirk. "Where'd you get it?"

"Um. I can give it back! I promise I just can't right now." She quickly spews out.

I chuckle. "It's okay. Keep it, it looks good on you. So sweetheart, are you lost? You do realize this is an all day detention class, correct?"

"Yeah I know." She mumbles and looks down at her feet. I notice a blush come up on her face. She starts to walk to one of the seats on the opposite side of the room. I look up to see the teacher already asleep, carefully and quietly I move toward her.

Once I get to the seat behind her, I whisper in her ear. "So, are you going to tell me your name, or am I supposed to guess it?" A shiver goes through her body. It seems as if she is about to respond, but the door bursts open and my best friend walks in. I silently curse him in my head. "Hey Matt." I mumble.