17

"Have you ever wondered why you were born in this world?"

Jaemin stared at the boy next to him, who seemed very distance. Renjun had been zoning off again in classes, according to Chenle's report. When Jaemin and Jeno joined their table at lunch a few days ago, Renjun didn't touch his food at all. Chenle and Jeno, who grew accustomed of the lanky boy's presence, were dying to ask him what's wrong. Jaemin, on the other side, knew it's best not to question Renjun just yet. He would eventually let it out.

Jaemin didn't expect it to be like this, though.

For the first time, Renjun finally texted Jaemin to meet him. He said he would be waiting on the school's rooftop after school. Jaemin came, finding the boy sitting on the cold ground, crisscrossed and facing the front yard below. Jaemin took a seat next to him and waited for Renjun to talk.

Five minutes later, Renjun asked the question.

"Honestly, I haven't," Jaemin replied, "But I know I'm here for a reason."

Renjun kept silence, before asking again, "What is it then?"

"Hmm?"

"What's your reason?"

"I'm still figuring it out. Besides, that's why we're here, right? That's why we're alive."

"No," Renjun said, "We exist, but not all of us are alive."

Jaemin didn't know how to response. What was he trying to say?

"Renjunnie? Are you alright?"

Renjun turned his head at Jaemin, "I-I don't know." Tears started to brim on his eyes.

"Hey, Junnie? Junnie, what's wrong?"

And that's how Renjun lost it. He started to cry, but he didn't let out any sound. Jaemin hesitantly touched the boy's upper arms, and eventually, pulled him into a hug. Renjun buried his face on the crook of Jaemin's neck, slithered his arms on Jaemin's back, and sobbed. Just pure soundless sobbings and tears, which made Jaemin's heart bursted into billions and billions of pieces.

"Junnie," Jaemin hummed as he caressed the boy's black hair.

Renjun felt so small, so fragile in his arms. It felt like one faint blow could break him apart. Jaemin didn't want to crush the boy, but Renjun gripped on his shirt like his life depends on it. He continued to hold Renjun until he saw a sudden change on the sky.

"Renjunnie, look," Jaemin whispered, "Looks like it's going to rain soon."

Renjun seemed to calm down a few moments later, when a thunder striked the ground. As the first raindrop hit the rooftop, Renjun lift his head and looked up. Like it was on cue, the rain poured down on earth.

Jaemin didn't dare to move, he let Renjun clutched on him while enjoying the rain. Renjun closed his eyes, the droplets drenched him wet. He didn't seem to be bothered by this, though, he seemed to enjoy it.

Jaemin couldn't look away, Renjun seemed so beautiful, ethereal, even. The way water dropped from his hair, down to his cheeks, passed his plump lips, to his neck. The way his fingers started to draw small, random pattern on Jaemin's back. The way his breath calmed down.

Huang Renjun is beautiful.

When he opened his eyes—oh God when he did—Jaemin had never seen such clear eyes. As if the tears earlier weren't there, as if everything was okay. If Jaemin weren't there, he wouldn't believe that minutes ago, Renjun was breaking down. Because Renjun let out a smile, the brightest smile Jaemin had ever seen on his face.

"Do you want to walk home together?" Renjun asked.

Written : I forgot :P
Published : May 12th 2018
THANK YOU FOR THE 1.1K READS ya'll i'm very happy that ppl actually read this story. Srsly u all made me cry 😭 Btw shits are about to go down so stay tuned ^^