Chapter 7

The next morning I was actually excited to be going to school, knowing I would see Eric. That normally made me want to go jump off a cliff, but today it made me want to race to school, knowing we were back together. I knew I couldn’t do anything with him at school or anything but just knowing we were back together made it worth going to school.  When I woke up, I checked my phone only to find a text from Eric, Good morning beautiful! Hope you slept well. I know I did! ;) I didn’t respond but I definitely couldn’t stop smiling.

My mom dropped me off at school on her way to work, just as she did every morning.  Luckily she wasn’t a morning person so she didn’t really notice my unusually good mood, so I didn’t have to explain anything to her. I had texted Chrissy to meet me a little earlier at our lockers so we could talk a little more privately than we would in homeroom. I walked straight to our lockers, and saw Chrissy waiting for me.

“Girl, what is up with the urgent, get here asap text?!?!” Chrissy said when she saw I was here. “And what is with that smile?” She was referring to the smile I hadn’t been able to wipe off my face after the texting conversation I had had with Eric.

“Eric!”

“What? Eric as in Eric… Winter.” She said his last name barely above a whisper so only I would here. I nodded my head, biting my lip. Man just thinking about him got my heart going crazy, wishing I could see him now. “Okay.” She said, “What is up with Eric, I thought you were still mad at him, or whatever, after the break up. Last night you were still hung up on him, and today you are smiling like a crazy fool. What happen from then until now?”

“Well, he texted me last night.” I said, the smiling growing remembering his words to me about me being the only thing that matter to him and what not.

“And? And?”

“Here,” I said and I pulled out my phone and showed her the text conversation. “I can’t believe it! You can’t tell anyone! Swear to me!”

“OMG, this is wow! I pinky promise I wont! I wouldn’t do that to you! Eric makes you so happy, I would never mess that up for you!” She gave me a huge hug, to prove her word were sincere, even though I already knew they were.

The bell rang and we ran off to homeroom smiling and giggling about Eric and I. we got several crazy looks from people as we past by, but I didn’t care. All that mattered was Eric and I were back together.

The day went by pretty quickly, which was perfect with me because I couldn’t wait to see Eric for the first time since we got back together. I was tempted to wit outside his door to talk to him for a second in the hall before going in, but figured I would probably just draw more attention to us. Plus I wouldn’t be able to keep the smile off my face, and that would get people to start asking question, and I didn’t want that.  So I walked into class, like a good little girl, and tried to contain my smile that was trying to consume my whole face.

Ok Kate get it together now you can do this, just sit in class like normal. Don’t draw attention to yourself or anything. Hey maybe even ignore him a little. But you don’t want him to get the wrong impression either. Wait no he will understand he is probably planning on doing the same to you. Ok just ignore him, you can do this. He is just a guy, granted a really hot guy that you are now dating again, but hey he is just a guy. A guy that you’ve seen naked plenty of times and is now teaching you.

Just then Mr. Winter himself walked in and I couldn’t help the blush that spread across my face.

Damn it! I didn’t think of any of this sh*t before, why is it just now making its way into my head. God, what if someone noticed my blush and is getting suspicious. No Kate you are being paranoid, get it together and listen to Mr. Winter. Don’t worry about Eric; Eric is your boyfriend out of school. Mr. Winter is your math teacher, during school hours nothing more.