Skeletons

Picture of Flynn to the right

Flynn all gave us a look before speaking, “Ready to go home?!” he yelled. We all cheered in response, even the quiet sirens. “Then let’s find my ship!” he yelled before closing the door behind him and sealing us all inside. He and Drela joined us at the table quickly before Flynn picked up the stone and whispered at it, “Take me to that I have lost, Poseidon’s Curse” then all the candles went out.

 “Blimey!” Lashwin shrieked. “What happened to the bloody light?”

“Quiet!” Drela ordered.

“Aye who do ya think yer—”

“Lashwin do as she says!” Flynn instructed.

Drela whispered something to Flynn before he muttered, “I accept the payment” and with that the stone lit up. The sudden attacks of blue light burned my eyes. I shielded my hand over my face to block it but it was too strong. I could hear the boys grunting while Zintarrah murmured for Castor. All I could do was grind my teeth as tears poured out of my eyes.

Then all of a sudden the candles were lit again and the stone had a pale blue glow.

“Sink me! That was bloody odd!” Loki growled as he dried his eyes.

“What are we to do now?” Flynn asked as he turned towards Drela.

She took the stone from him and held it tightly, “When the light of the stone shines bright, we are closer to that which you have requested of it.” She said solemnly.

Flynn gave one nod before turning to the rest of us, “You heard her then Argo. Get on deck and set our course to me ship.” He said gruffly.” Argo nodded and left without a word as Castor, Sara, and Zintarrah followed.

Flynn then turned to Drela, “You’ve done a good thing this day” he said kindly.

Drela scoffed, “I have done nothing but bargain for my freedom. You lot will undoubtedly end the lives of the unfortunate souls who’ve managed to snag your ship. I am disgusted with my actions in helping such a tragedy come to pass, so dear sir, just drop me to the nearest harbor, and I’ll be on my way” she said in one breath.

“I’m in love” Lashwin muttered.

Flynn smiled arrogantly, “I’m afraid that isn’t possible” he said as he rubbed the glowing stone.

Drela glowered at him, “And why not?” she said dangerously low.

Flynn shrugged, “Seeing as getting my ship back is of the highest priority at the moment, it seems that your wishes and demands have been put aside for the time being.”

I was just about to chastise Flynn for breaking a deal when Drela reached up and slapped him straight across the face. Flynn’s dark hair swung with his head as her slap echoed the room.