Chapter 9

~**Slight Trigger Warning: Mentions of self harm**~

After a long night at Pein's -and dealing with Hidan's hangover the next morning- Deidara found himself sitting in his room, in a corner with his nose in his sketch pad and his favorite playlist on.

He was simply sketching a park scenery when he heard a knock and his door open, the blonde looked up to reveal his father. Sky blue eyes met another pair of sky blue. Sumato chuckled "comfy corner?" He walked over to his son and sat on the end corner of the bed. Deidara nodded as he returned to his drawing "yeah, plus there's an outlet over here and I needed to plug my phone in." His brunette father chuckled and shook his head "Deidara there is an outlet right by your bed." The blonde glanced up "maybe I didn't feel like sitting on my bed. I never do when I draw, I find it annoying and I can't get lines even." He explained as the switched around pencils.

Sumato leaned over slightly and smiled at his son's artwork "what are you drawing anyway?" Deidara stopped moving his pencil and lightly brushed his long bangs out of his eyes "the park you, mom and I went to back in fourth grade...." It was silent until his father sighed and placed a hand on top of Deidara's head "Dei......I know it's tough being an only child and having your parents split apart but, your mother and I weren't happy together." The blonde pulled his knees closer to his chest "that's the thing dad, you don't know what it's like. You have two brothers and a sister. Not to mention grandma and grandpa never split apart when they were alive....so you don't have a single idea of how difficult it is to deal with when you talk about mom the way you do and to hear mom talk about you the way she does. And I don't want to choose a side because I love both you equally." The nineteen year old confessed, it was true. Yes there are times to where he'd much rather live with Kashikoi but, sometimes he felt as if his mother didn't even try to spend time with him anymore.

Sumato sighed "I guess you make a point there....." He glanced down at his son, who had his knees pulled close to chest and he was staring at the wall. "I've always wondered something...." Deidara grunted slightly, not bothering to look at his father. "Why do you always wear that hoodie....it's been pretty warm these past couple of weeks, for November that is."

Deidara's breath hitched at his father's question. His parents didn't know about the various razor blades and lighters that were in the locked drawer built into his desk. His parents didn't know that he even had anything in there, or that he even kept the key to it. They didn't know about the few burn marks that were upon his upper arms. They didn't know the multiple scars that littered both of his arms. Deidara's parents didn't have a single clue about the harm the blonde caused upon himself. No idea that the blonde even suffered from depression at all.

Deidara looked away, his golden locks falling into his face. "Don't worry about it, I just like this sweatshirt. Hidan had them made for all of us, so it means a lot to me" Sumato frowned, concern filling his sky blue eyes "Is that the only reason? You know you can tell me anything, I'm always going to be here for you son" Deidara nodded and fought the urge to glare at his father, instead he just added a slight sharp tone in his voice "yes it's the only reason so please dad, let me have some peace and quiet until dinner."

He heard his father sigh and stand up "alright.." Sumato opened the door before gazing at his son one more time "I love you Deidara" and with that he walked out of the artist's room and shut the door.

Deidara stopped mid-sketch and clenched his fist tightly as he choked back a slight sob "why can't I believe that?"

The next day was something that Deidara would never, in his entire life, be able to forget. As much as he wanted to, he'll never be able to. It started off pretty normal but near the end of the school day, it took a turn for the worst.