"Onii-chan never got to teaching me that much, yet. He said that he would rather teach me about shuriken and kunai," Satomi mentions. Shisui sighs before sitting on the ground, motioning for Satomi to sit with him.

"We'll leave the weapons to Itachi-kun. Right now, I'm gonna teach you how to use some chakra! How does that sound?" Shisui declares. Satomi, as enthusiastically as ever, cheers from her spot in the grass, pumping a hand in the air in excitement.

"For chakra, both physical and spiritual energy is needed. For now, we will work on your spiritual ability but I have off tomorrow so while Sasuke-kun is at the academy I'll take you here and have you do some exercises so that you get really strong," Shisui explains.

"Today, to increase your spiritual energy, we will meditate," Shisui instructs. He expected Satomi to whine or groan about how boring this would be, but she seemed to be just as excited as ever.

"Now, put your hands into the tiger seal to help you concentrate the chakra flowing throughout your body. Close your eyes, if that helps too," Shisui says, watching as Satomi places her hands together in the tiger seal, which she no doubt learned from Itachi, and closes her eyes in concentration. Satomi seems to relax, most likely feeling the chakra flowing within her.

Seconds turn to minutes, and minutes turn into two and a half hours before Satomi opens her eyes, seemingly perfectly calm. Shisui had sat and watched the entire time, not wanting to disturb her.

"Nice job, Satomi-chan. You seem to have excellent chakra control, and if you keep this up you may be able to expand your chakra reserves into something even bigger than mine or Itachi-kun's, no doubt about it," Shisui voices. Satomi smiles brightly and pops to her feet, a fire burning in her eyes.

"What's next, Shisui-kun?" she asks, pumping her fists into the air. Shisui hums in thought, before pulling out a small slip of paper.

"After all that meditation, I'm sure you're ready to try this. This paper right here is a chakra paper. By flowing your chakra through it, you can see what chakra nature, or natures, you have. Watch," Shisui says, flowing his own chakra through it. The paper subsequently splits in two, before wrinkling and then igniting, turning into ash. Satomi gasps in awe at the scene before her.

"Go ahead and try it yourself. If you don't get it the first time, it's alright, since you just learned how to manipulate chakra," Shisui reassures. Satomi nods before taking the paper and pressing it between two fingers. She closes her eyes, concentrating on the chakra flow within her. Shisui watches on, a smirk on his face.

After 7 minutes, Satomi flashes her eyes open, the paper in her grasp splitting in half, wrinkling, then igniting and turning to ash. Shisui smiles and places a hand on her head proudly.

"Well done, Satomi-chan. I didn't expect you to be able to do that yet. It looks like we have the same chakra natures, wind, lightning, and fire," he discloses, "I might just have to become your part-time sensei," Satomi sighs softly, a small smile gracing her lips.

"I guess so, Shisui-kun. But just know that you brought this upon yourself!" Satomi grins. Shisui smiles back, closing his eyes in delight.

"That's Shisui-sensei to you!" Shisui jokes, "from now on, I want you to meditate at least an hour a day, perhaps before bed or something. It'll really help you in the future, trust me. Tomorrow I'll come by to pick you up once Sasuke leaves for the academy and come here for your physical energy training. How does that sound?"

"Great! I can't wait to be just as strong as you and onii-chan!" Satomi says in delight, grabbing her new sensei's hand as they walk back to the main Uchiha household.

::

"Ready to go, Satomi-chan?" Shisui questions from the doorway, watching Satomi scramble to get her sandals on.

"Yep! Let's go, Shisui-sensei!" Satomi chirps, skipping along the path to the training grounds. Shisui smirks, following along after his new student.

"Ne, Shisui-sensei, why did you say I'll have to be your student?" Satomi questions, slowing down to a leisurely pace next to Shisui. Said man tilts his head in thought, not stopping his pace.

"I have faith that with help, you could be really powerful. There is also just something about you that makes me feel like it's right for me to be your sensei, almost like this is how life is supposed to happen. Perhaps it's 'destiny,'" Shisui responds. Satomi blinks in response, looking back in front of her, only to be faced with the training grounds.

"This won't be easy, Satomi-chan, so you better be ready to give it your all," Shisui warns with a smirk. Satomi merely smiles and clenches a fist in front of her.

"I'm ready, Shisui-sensei."

"Good," Shisui says, "we'll start off with 20 laps around the training fields as a warm-up." Satomi nods and takes off, sprinting around the field with a burning determination. Shisui smiles to himself, sitting on the ground in the middle of the field.

'Yeah, this was the right choice.'

::

"Nice job today, Satomi-chan! Keep this up, and you'll be super strong in no time!" Shisui enthuses, patting his student on the back. Satomi puts a weak thumbs up, gasping for air after a day of intense exercise.

"For the days I'm on missions, I want you to do a basic routine while I'm gone. 20 laps around the training fields as a warm-up, 25 push-ups, 25 sit-ups, 1 minute plank, 50 lunges, 5 reps of 10 kicks and punches, then another 10 laps around the training fields. Of course, as time goes on that will increase, but it's a good starting point. Oh, don't forget to meditate for an hour before bed as well!" Shisui instructs as the two begin to walk back to Satomi's house.

"Yes, sensei," Satomi pants, walking up the stairs to her house, "I'll make sure to do it every day, don't worry!"

"I have a mission tomorrow, but it should only last a week. Make sure to not overexert yourself! See you later, Satomi-chan!" Shisui says, waving behind him as he jogs off to who-knows-where. Satomi sighs and smiles, plopping down on the step beside her. Finally, she was getting the recognition and training she craved so desperately, and she would not disappoint.

::

The Strength of the Weak {A Naruto Fanfiction}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें