The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 30

Satomi P.O.V.

Clenching my teeth, I grip the handrails with a strength I didn't know I possessed. Naruto's match was on the verge of ending... but Naruto didn't seem like he would be the one victorious. After many failed strategies, Naruto was hit with Neji's 8 Trigrams: 64 Palms and was on the ground... down, but not out.

Neji promised not to kill him...

"Come on, Naruto! Get up!" Sakura calls from somewhere nearby. I hold my tongue, despite the cheering I would like to do. Both sides were calling my name, unfortunately...

Finally, Naruto stumbles to his feet, much to everyone's surprise. I smirk at his sheer willpower, watching as Neji's face twists into one of disbelief. A chuckle from next to me grabs my attention, causing me to glance over in curiosity.

"That Naruto kid is doomed," Dosu hisses, his eyes narrowing. I click my tongue and lean on the rail, my eyes not leaving Dosu's face.

"What makes you so sure?" I ask icily. Dosu chuckles yet again, an evil smirk crossing his lips.

"Neji's power is far too much for someone at Naruto's level to handle. And after getting hit with that jutsu of his, there's no way he can recover from something like that. Oh well, it won't matter soon anyway," Dosu explains, however, my eyes narrow at his last comment.

"Why won't it matter, Dosu?" I hiss accusingly. Dosu merely ignores my comment, my suspicion raising even more with his silence. Something's up.

Turning my attention back towards the fight, I notice that Neji had taken off his headband, revealing a strange tattoo on his forehead. Not only that, but he seemed extremely angry. I wish I could hear them from here...

Naruto, having heard enough of whatever Neji was saying, places his hands into a hand sign and seems to be forcing himself to control his chakra, even though his chakra points were all blocked.

My eyes widen as a peculiar orange colored chakra seems to take over Naruto, his features turning animalistic. He was controlling the Nine-Tailed Fox's chakra. Even I had to admit, I was impressed by his growth over the past month.

Turns out that pervert wasn't as bad as I had thought.

Darting around, Naruto attempts to confuse Neji by moving faster than the untrained eye could see, however, Neji's byakugan still gave him a huge advantage. The two clash over and over again, each using all of their strength to overpower the other.

After a huge display of power, a large boom echoes throughout the arena, a silence falling over those watching as the cloud of dust in the center clears. There were two holes in the center where Neji and Naruto were laying, although from the stands you couldn't see who was lying in which was. There was one thing that everyone knew...

Whoever got up first would be the winner.

Biting my lip, I clasp my hands together over my chest and watch on with anxious eyes. Sure, it would be nice if Neji won... but my heart was screaming that I truly wanted Naruto to win. He was one of my best friend's and he deserved this so much...

Some debris is rustled from one of the holes, catching everyone's attention. A hand emerges, the arm following soon after. Much to my dismay, I don't see any trace of an orange jacket, meaning only one thing...

Neji was the one getting up.

A body pulls itself out of the hole, my heart dropping to my feet as realization smacks me across the face. Neji had gotten out first, while Naruto was still unmoving. Just to make sure, the proctor waltzes over to Naruto's hole and peers in, and sure enough his body is lying motionless, no sign of consciousness present.