one

/Hello everyone! Just a heads up, this is a sequel to my first story He's Mine, so if you haven't read that one I highly recommend you do before you continue with this story to avoid confusion. ❤️/

"Surprise, baby! Happy two year anniversary."

The couple stands in front of a long wooden pier, over laying dark aggressive waves that rock the pier gently as would a mother trying to soothe her distraught new born. The pier illuminates from the glow of the moon, which shines brightly overhead. Assisting the natural beauty of the pier is the neatly decorated scenery in an array of soft blues and white. Streamers hang delicately over the frame of the pier, a giant banner draped at the end of the pier, hand painted, which made Anti love it even more. It reads "Happy Anniversary" in a sparkling baby blue paint. The planks beneath their feet, was coated in a soft blanket of red and white rose petals so soft that Anti feared stepping on them and corrupting their beauty.

The larger man takes the green haired demons hand in his and guides him towards a circular table resting in the middle of the pier, lit only by the dim light of a lonely candle. A soft intake of breath is heard from his right, where his lover, Anti stood, tiny fingers grip his hand tightly as they approach the table.

The red haired demon smiles softly and untangles his fingers from the smaller hand, he pulls a chair back for him and watches his love nestle into the seat before scooting him in.

The Irish demon examines the plate before him and a mellifluous hum escapes his lips, as his smile continues to grow, his canine teeth peak through, shining almost as bright as the stars that lay overhead.

"Lobster? Wow Dark, I'm very impressed," Dark sits down across from him and sips at his champagne, listening to the angelic sound of his lover's voice as he stares into the multi-colored eyes he had fallen head over heels for.

"First you take me dancing, then to the drive-in to see one of my absolute favorite movies, now a candle lit dinner on a private pier? This must have been so expensive! I can't wait to see what you have planned for dessert." He glides his foot slowly up his partners leg from underneath the table and smiles up at him through his lashes.

"I have a little more planned for tonight, but don't worry baby, you'll love it. And don't worry about the cost, you're worth every penny."

A small musical ensemble walks onto the pier beside their table and begin to softly serenade them, with Mozart's serenade 13, the red haired demon places his hand on Anti's and smiles as Anti's face lights up.

"I love you."

The light illuminating off of his lovers face only draws more focus to his rubicund complexion. He rests his other hand on top of Dark's and rubs small circles into his smooth skin.

"I love you too."

They sit in silence for a few minutes, listening to the music and simply enjoying each other's company.

Dark carefully reaches into his pocket beneath the table and grazes his fingertips against a small leather box, he takes a deep breath as he pushes his seat back.

"Anti, seven hundred and thirty days ago I asked you to be mine and for some odd reason you actually said yes. Every day since then I've found something new to fall in love with. I could sit here all night and list all of the different things I cherish about you but I'll just name a few of my favorites. I love the way your eyes crinkle at the side when you smile, and the way you giggle when you're excited about something," Anti giggles softly and covers his mouth with his hand, "the way you go from being adorable and sweet to dominate and possessive, but most importantly I love you, for you, and who you helped me become. Never in my life have I met someone as exhilarating and beautiful as you, and I'm so grateful for every day we share..."

Dark takes a deep breath and stands from the table, he kneels down in front of Anti and reaches into his pocket, he pulls out a small leather box and props it open. The silver ring glistens in the moonlight and the words forever and always, are engraved into the inside of the band.

"I guess what I'm trying to say is, I want to continue falling a little more in love with you everyday. Anti, would you do me the honor of being my husband?"

The small ensemble of musicians continue to play, growing in volume ever so slightly to fill the silence. Anti covers his mouth with both hands and stands, a sea of emotion dancing in his mismatched eyes, "y-you're proposing?!" Dark nods and continues to smile up at the green haired demon standing directly in front of him.

"I...I can't."

Dark's smile falters and his eyes begin to water. His chest aches and he feels his lip quiver but he fights to keep his normal composure.

"What?"

Anti avoids his gaze and crosses his arms, "I, I'm sorry Dark. My answer is no."

Before Dark can say another word Anti runs off the pier, and back towards the car, stumbling over his own feet as he hurries to the exit.

Dark closes the box softly and slides it back in his pocket, he rubs his eyes with the back of his hand and mumbles softly. "You can stop playing now. He said no."

The music continues and Dark stands, "I said STOP PLAYING!" He snatches his glass of champagne off the table and tosses it in a violinist's face and storms off, ripping down some streamers as he trudges off the pier.

__________________________________

Don't worry children, this is indeed a Danti story, we just have to get them back on track.