Then as if my body took that as permission my eyes moisten with tears and I finally feel all the confusing emotions right themselves and releases with in me.

I mirror my mother and start to cry from happiness, relief, and even a bit of fear. In the future I will carry our packs future that is a responsibility that I have never considered or wanted.

I am still unsure how to feel and process that particular information but I still have some time before that happens; right?

I wipe my eyes with the back of my hands and then wipe my mothers. She smiles that radiant smile that is contagious and I return it she laughs again. I hate to ruin the moment but I have so many questions.

"Mother did-did the Star Bătrânii did he mention when I- I w-would be having the baby. Did he say anything else?"

My mother opens her mouth to respond but knocking on the door interrupts followed by a voice.

"I hope I am not interrupting but I wanted to see if she was awake-

I turn to the unfamiliar voice and my gaze collides with very familiar olive green eyes, my mate.

I just stare at them, into them they are so- so unreadable they are brilliant and beautiful but I cannot read them. I let my eyes fall to his face just like his eyes it is very handsome.

He has a strong square jaw that is covered is a reasonable amount of subtle. All of his hair on his head and face is a dark dirty blond.

It does not take me long to realize he is not wearing a shirt I take a quick glance at his chest area and to be brief just like the rest of him he is very built sturdy and powerful looking.

He like my brother Don as his tribe symbols covering his body but his are a dark blue which instantly signals to me that he is from another pack. I had forgot about that detail.

He is from our neighboring pack to the east we have no names for the different packs just who the alphas are and his is Othniel Onan his father. The meaning and implications of both of us being alphas off spring does enter my mind; what does it mean for both of our packs?

Though there are different surrounding packs most of them are smaller than mine but we mostly share the same beliefs that the stars sun and moon decide our fates.

From what I understand the stars have a few varying rules for different packs but not anything severe.

They also appoint an alpha that is born with the mark of the sunburst; but if what the Star Bătrânii said is true what will happen to our packs is my future child to be alpha of mine or his I recall him saying our pack which pack did he refer to?

There is so much to think about so many questions and worries.

"Azalea" my mother calls and I turn to her breaking eye contact with my mate and bringing myself from my own mind.

"Azalea I think your mate should answer your questions." She says in a hushed whisper.

"I shall leave you two alone you both need to get to know each other, but I will be right outside you two are still not officially mated yet."

My mother raises her voice so both him and I can hear and I blush when my mother winks to me as she said the last part.

Even though were announced as mates we will not officially be mated till ten days from now on the hunters moon where the Star Bătrânii will perform the binding of the mates ceremony for all the chosen mates this year.

Then and only then will we be forever bound to each other in mind, soul, spirit, and body.

My mother stands to leave and I get very nervous she is leaving me alone with my mate but he is still a stranger to me and I do not do well with strangers my shyness and nervousness always gets the better of me.