Chapter 9

If we were completely bonded to one another then my answer would have been an immediate yes. At least that is what I assume my answer would be. But we are not and I am hesitant. I do not know if I trust him completely as of now. I know I should just blurt out yes I do trust you, but I do not want to lie. Lying is a sin and lying to your mate is even more outrageous. So-so I should be honest with him, but I do not even know what I am honestly feeling. My never ending pause was certainly not missed by Kader; he loosens his hold on me and looks down at me. I see hurt and offense in his eyes; the first emotions I have been able to read from his eyes alone. Oh stars I need to think of something to say. I have really upset him.

"Kader I-

"No don't say anything. I understand. I shouldn't have asked you so soon." He releases what sounds like an aggravated sigh. It was so silent that I was unsure if it even heard it.

"Kader wait let me-

"No!" He all but barks out, he sounds loud and rough. I am taken aback and hurt. I pull back from him thinking of an instant apology for making him so upset.

I look down and fidget with my fingers. My lips are quivering and I am on the verge of tears but I know I need to fix this. "Kader I am so sorry I-I d- di- did not mean to upset you. I-I just do-"

"No, Azalea let's just drop it."

I look down and beg my eyes not to shed a tear. How can I ruin everything so fast?

"Let's go back we both have many things to do today and we have dinner tonight." I cannot meet his gaze so I just nod pathetically.

"Okay." I tried to hide my whimper in my voice but it just was not possible. Kader had to have heard it, it was very high pitched.

Then he growled and cursed something I never expected from my mate. But I am too distraught to really worry over my mate's choice of language.

Then once again he does the unexpected he grips my chin in his strong rough hands and pulls my eyes to his.

"Don't cry. I am not angry with you. I am actually glad you didn't lie to me and tell me what I wanted to hear. I hate liars, and I knew as soon as I ask you the question that it was too soon and unfair. Trust is earned not instant whether or not it will be once we are bonded remains unseen."

"Even if it is, I want to gain your trust and loyalty before then so that I am certain of the strength of our relationship.  We are both defiantly going to need to be a strong front with what our future will hold."

My tears pause and relief fill's me; he understands. He is not angry with me, oh thank you stars. How perfect can my mate get he is everything I never dreamed I could receive; he is so-just so right for me.

"Come, your mother is probably worried since we have been gone so long."                                   

"Okay." This time he grabs my hand and leads me back to my home and the whole time the sensation on his big warm hand wrapped around mine is all I can focus on. The feeling is so foreign and different but very pleasant and comforting at the same time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

VOTE, COMMENT, FAN

PLEASE AND THANK YOU!

Authors Note: I know it has been so long. I cannot really say how busy I have been with work and school they take priority before my writing. But I am on winter break so I hope to get the story moving further and write more chapters.