2~ Sweetheart

Começar do início

He has the audacity to laugh at me. Ella winces while Stella just silently shakes her head in warning.

This will be fun.

"So you're a feisty one?" He asks. When I refuse to respond he continues, leaning his face closer to me. "Tell me, Sweetheart, what exactly are you going to do to me?"

I see red. If he had caught me on any other morning I probably would just ignore him, but I've already experienced more stress today than a normal person should in a week and it's only 8:05.

I'm done. I raise my fist to hit him but Ella grabs my hand as Ms. Miller calls out. "Miss Rhodes, is there a problem back there?"

I give her an overly fake smile, subtly lowering my hand. "No, Ms. Miller, we're just getting to know Mr. McClain here, aren't we girls?"

They both nod in agreement.

The hag eyes me, sensing my bluff. Thankfully she doesn't call me on it. "Very well, but pay attention to my lesson, this will be your last warning."

"Yes ma'am." The three of us mumble before fully facing the front,

After a few moments Ashton leans back over, "So you're feisty and a liar."

I don't bother to look at him as I reach over and punch his side. Thankfully his muscles were relaxed or else it wouldn't have hurt. He hisses in pain and glares at me but doesn't say anything else. I look over and offer him a short, innocent smile.

My bad.

Forty minutes later the bell rings and the three of us walk out of class.

No sooner than we enter the hallway Stella squeezes my arm, her nails piercing my skin. "Oh. My. God. Why did you punch him?"

"Because he's a jerk, Stell, we've already been over this."

"Well he's a hot jerk and you shouldn't have punched him." Ella mock scolds me.

I roll my eyes, "But it was fun." Definitely made me feel a little better. "If it makes you feel any better I think I broke a nail in the process." I offer, examining my now loose acrylic nail.

She pretends to think, "Hmm, it will suffice as a punishment, for now."

Stella lets out an aggravated cry, "Who cares about your nail or why you punched him. That boy is fine." Did her mind ever think about anything other than boys? Probably not.

Before I can reply arms are draped over Stella and my shoulders, a wonderful smell fills my nostrils. "That's right ladies, I'm fine -but Sweetheart, I do believe you owe me an apology for that punch."

I scoff at Ashton, feeling the eyes of people staring at the four of us as we walk. "Oh really and what apology did you have in mind, Mr. Ego?"

He lifts his arm off Stella's shoulder to tap his cheek. "I was thinking a kiss would be fair."

I pick his arm up and remove it from me. "Ok, Ashton, kiss this." I say, kissing my middle finger and pointing at towards him.

His gray eyes light up in surprise, "I'll collect my apology at a later time." He promises, sauntering away. I could feel the cockiness radiating off of him.

I turn back towards my friends, as we reach my next class. "See, he's a total jerk and arrogant."

"He's still hot though!" Stella shouts as her goodbye, earning the attention of the hallway. I laugh at her loud mouth before entering pre-calculus.

The best. Not.

*****

I walk into fourth period Anatomy with a major migraine beginning to form. I rest my head against the cool desk waiting for the bell to ring.