• chapter 36 •

• Alexander •

Something seems up with Eliza. I don't know what, but it doesn't seem great. She said that she was going to take a nap but I could hear noise coming from her room, sort of sniffling sounds. Is she getting a cold or crying?

I want to go see what's wrong but it seems like she just wants time to herself. Maybe I'm too clingy? I have been at her house a lot lately. After all, I'm just sitting alone on her couch at this point.

Deciding there's no reason for me to be here, I wrote a quick note to Eliza and went back to my apartment.

I flopped onto my bed as soon as I got home. I know I shouldn't but I can't help but do my not so old vice.

If I'm completely honest, I've been lying to Eliza ever since we went to Mr. Diggs' office. I can't deal with the stress of school and dance and working. It's been about two weeks since we saw Mr Diggs and out of those 14 days, I've probably cut 12 of them. Right now and yesterday before going to Eliza's included.

And I feel so stupid for doing it! I mean, I shouldn't be wasting time by cutting for no reason and then lying about it. I just feel so empty. But it doesn't matter.

All I want is Eliza's happiness. I want to be able to suck up my problems for her and be a man. I want to be able to support her and help her with anything. I love her with all of my heart.

Pushing my thoughts aside, I pull myself up off the bed and stumble to the kitchen, checking the fridge for a bottle of water or something to get rid of this headache.

I don't know why I still have such a bad migraine. I didn't tell Liza, but it started yesterday. But I've been taking Advil at all the appropriate intervals and drinking a lot of water and getting good sleep. I don't know what's up.

I suddenly feel myself sway, and grab onto the fridge, noticing my sleeve was covered in thick spots of blood. Shit, I didn't wrap the cuts.

My eyes swim with black spots and the last thing I see before tumbling to the cold tile floor.

*time skip brought to you by writers block*

I woke up to see a white light shining in my face. I squint my eyes and try to sit up, but I feel someone push me down. What's going on?

a/n: yes this chapter is supposed to be this short but I'm double uploading bc I want the next part of this in Eliza's POV ok byeee!! See you in the next chapter :)