• chapter 17 •

• Alexander •

We were going to London together. Me and Eliza and her family. Sure, it wasn't for a great reason at all, but I thought her fathers way to honor their mother was beautiful; you could tell he really loved her.

But in the happiness of it all, I realized a few things. How was I going to buy a plane ticket? How was I even going to hold up on the plane? The funeral was in three days but we left in two! How could I book a seat near Eliza on a flight to another country in two days?

I thought all of this through as I tried to help Eliza pack. She must've noticed how out of it I was and stopped pulling shirts out of the closet. She came to sit next to me on the bed.

"Alexander, please tell me what's bothering you, it's obvious that something is and it kills me to see you worry." She said, taking my hand.

"I don't know what to do. I can't afford a plane ticket and I'm afraid of flying and I don't know how I'm gonna book a flight for so soon." I told her honestly. She laughed a little and I frowned.

"Babe, my dad has all that covered. And I'll sit by you on the plane and help you calm down, alright? I don't much like flying either, so it'll help both of us." She kissed my cheek and bounced back up.

"So, as I was saying, do you like this one or..."

This was gonna be a long packing experience.

- time skip to when they're at the airport two days later, brought to you by author laziness -

We walked over to the gate entrance and sat down in the blue chairs, carry ons in hand. Eliza smiled at me and kissed me quickly, almost as a reassurance. I smiled back. After about twenty minutes of waiting, a crackly noise came over the speakers and someone made an announcement.

"Flight 328 to London is now boarding. Again, flight 328 to London is now boarding. Will all first class passengers please begin to board." The gate attendant announced. We stood up and wheeled our bags to the entrance, having our tickets scanned and then walking in.

We found our seats on the plane, Eliza and I next to each other, Angelica and Peggy together, and Mr. Schuyler by himself. Soon enough, boarding was finished and the plane was started. I took a shaky breath in and looked at Eliza. She said she didn't like to fly, but also that she'd done it so many times that it didn't affect her as much as it used to. I, on the other hand, had only flown one time, and that was to get here from Nevis. It was terrible and lonely, and I was very scared.

As we began to travel down the runway I felt myself getting extremely panicky. I didn't feel sick, luckily, but just nervous. Eliza, like she always did, must've sensed my discomfort and kissed me gently to distract me. She pulled out her phone and two pairs of earbuds, along with a headphone splitter. She plugged it in and handed me a pair of earbuds, then clicked on a playlist of ballet music and put her own earbuds in. She kissed me again and held my hand as we took off.

"You'll be ok, Alex. I promise." She smiled. Slowly, I fell asleep to the music and the gentle rocking of the plane. London, here we come.